Has this happened to anyone else? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Has this happened to anyone else?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Has this happened to anyone else?

Postby ReverseTheCurse » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:53 am

You have a wonderful Sunday afternoon at the beach and you come home and log onto ESPN only to find that, oh my, Hudson is on the DL. Then you see that Sanchez left the game with a Hamstring injury, DL? maybe. Whats this Harden left the game in the 3rd, you guessed it, DL. Oh and just when you thought it couldn't get any worse Affeldt will also be joing my team of DLers, Mags, Kearns, Peavy and Valverde. Happy Sunday to you too, I'm gonna go shoot up some roids and cry myself to sleep.
ReverseTheCurse
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:16 am

yup

the "lows" are sometimes really LOW in fantasy baseball....I know what u mean.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Re: Has this happened to anyone else?

Postby GSes » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:45 am

ReverseTheCurse wrote:You have a wonderful Sunday afternoon at the beach and you come home and log onto ESPN only to find that, oh my, Hudson is on the DL. Then you see that Sanchez left the game with a Hamstring injury, DL? maybe. Whats this Harden left the game in the 3rd, you guessed it, DL. Oh and just when you thought it couldn't get any worse Affeldt will also be joing my team of DLers, Mags, Kearns, Peavy and Valverde. Happy Sunday to you too, I'm gonna go shoot up some roids and cry myself to sleep.

wasn't today saturday? :-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tmoney » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:47 am

Naw, that is the fun about playing fantasy baseball. If you can get through the bad times, you know you are good. Just think how pissed the managers and owners of the actual teams must get!
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Has this happened to anyone else?

Postby wrveres » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:53 am

ReverseTheCurse wrote:You have a wonderful Sunday afternoon at the beach and you come home and log onto ESPN only to find that, oh my, Hudson is on the DL. Then you see that Sanchez left the game with a Hamstring injury, DL? maybe. Whats this Harden left the game in the 3rd, you guessed it, DL. Oh and just when you thought it couldn't get any worse Affeldt will also be joing my team of DLers, Mags, Kearns, Peavy and Valverde. Happy Sunday to you too, I'm gonna go shoot up some roids and cry myself to sleep.

I feel for ya ....

if it makes you feel any better, you could have drafted an infield of Boone, Renteria and Ensberg for this year. I knwo I did.. oh, oh,oh, ... and Orlando Cabrera at your MI position ..... can't forget that chithead
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:05 am

I feel it to brother. I was starting to come around to as a team and had moved from last to 3rd. Since last week I've lost V.Wells,Hudson, Mora- No DL but not playing anyway. And Burnitz has been slowed by hammy issues. Not to mention I've got that same struggling IF as wrveres. Boone,Renteria.. my 3B now is Koskie.. slowed by hammy injury this week. I'm getting absolutly ripped this week to by the guy I'm playing. Losing this week is gonna move me from 3rd to 5th. I did just pick up M.Cabrera and Prior in a trade.. but that won't help until next week. Gotta keep pluggin along I guess :-/
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:15 am

thats all you can do is plug along ...
for me Youkilis is currently manning 3B after Tracy failed in his attempt to win the job. And now Boone is getting his ass benched again, in favor of Hairston. Which reminds me ... Thank you Bob Brenly for actually playing the better talent. Now if you wouls only call and talk to Jimy.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

Return to Baseball Leftovers