kolb thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

kolb thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

kolb thread

Postby tracey518 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:33 pm

rotoworld, 6-16...

"Danny Kolb pitched a scoreless ninth to earn his 19th save of the season tonight.

We all knew Kolb had some talent, but with his injury history, problems with control and assignment on the woeful Brewers, he wasn't likely to put together a big season. Except he has so far. He's been healthy, he's walked only four batters in 25 2/3 innings and the Brewers are playing fairly well. It will be a major accomplishment if he can stay healthy the whole year, and his strikeout ratio of under three per nine innings is troubling. The combination of the two means you shouldn't be counting on this to continue all season."

i just acquired kolb, and this concerns me.
are you guys shopping him?

his numbers are phenomenal, and the brew crew have given him plenty of opps. any insight?
tracey518
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:35 pm

I did. I think he was an excellent sell high candidate.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:35 pm

Don't worry about what Rotoworld says. They have their favorites/least favorite players just like anyone else. Sometimes their opinions are good, but like any other site, sometimes they're worthless.

Kolb will be fine, don't worry about him.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:37 pm

Let me add to that. I don't think Kolb is a fluke or anything, I just think his value will never be as high as it is right now. I just think it's a situation where you can cash in on his success.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:39 pm

Amazinz wrote:Let me add to that. I don't think Kolb is a fluke or anything, I just think his value will never be as high as it is right now. I just think it's a situation where you can cash in on his success.

I agree with that. If you need his saves, hang on to him. But if you can spare him, his value is high enough right now that you should feel free to trade him. He's a great fantasy asset IMO.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

i shopped him

Postby Willie3101 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:42 pm

i shopped kolb about a week ago, but i did this knowing he was solid and will stay solid. I had to do it because of some problems with injury, but he definately is worth holding onto unless you think you can get a good deal for him.
Let's play two!
Willie3101
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Elohim » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:29 am

who did you guys get in return for Kolb? I hadnt really thought about dealing him but if I could get a quality OF for him I might do it.
Elohim
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cafe_58 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:01 am

Kolb has been lights out this year. His ERA and WHIP are 0.98, and 0.83 respectively. He has saved 21 consecutive games -- the same amount he finished with last year.

What is interesting is his lack of strikeouts (8). His low walk totals (4) make up for this though, so there should be no concern over his strikeout totals. Kolb's stats show that he isn't a strikeout pitcher, which is fine as along as he gets outs.

If you can get a top level bat/arm for him, do it. Don't you dare sell him short though, or you'll regert it! :-D
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby cafe_58 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:14 am

I was wrong: Kolb has blown a save this year.

Still, it has only happened once this season. Not too shabby.
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby Randy Watson » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:39 am

Elohim wrote:who did you guys get in return for Kolb? I hadnt really thought about dealing him but if I could get a quality OF for him I might do it.

I just traded Burnitz for Kolb straight up. We'll see how it goes.
"Girl, you look so good, someone ought to put you on a plate and sop you up with a biscuit!"
Randy Watson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers