Tim Hudson on DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tim Hudson on DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: re

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:15 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:
RFay8585 wrote:As far as this being the "year of the injury," ESPN Magazine ran a story this week claiming performance enhancing drugs, like steroids, are to blame in the annual increase in injuries and DL stays. An interesting take, especially for hitters injuries.

I think it's because of Griffey Jr. He's healthy so now everyone else gets hurt. :-b

Quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever heard...hahahaha... okay maybe not, but still so true.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JamesBond007 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:23 am

Oh, the irony!!!

I just rejected a trade last week in my Dynasty league of me giving Hudson straight up for Jason Schmidt because i was scared off by Schmidt's risk of injury...and now Huddy's the one going on the DL.... :,-(
-----J
JamesBond007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: ....

Postby GSes » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:45 am

JamesBond007 wrote:Oh, the irony!!!

I just rejected a trade last week in my Dynasty league of me giving Hudson straight up for Jason Schmidt because i was scared off by Schmidt's risk of injury...and now Huddy's the one going on the DL.... :,-(

Schmidt risk of injury? are you kidding me? that guy isnt human, he probably is hurt, he pitched hurt all last year, but no one knows it because he is lights out.

jason schmidt is the definiton of an ace, and like i said the dude isnt human, i mean 143 pitches? then another 143, when you throw 143 your supposed to be tired in your next start, no not schmidt, he just goes and throws more gas. Really I have never seen a guy throw 95MPH on his 130 pitch.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chadxor » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:14 pm

do you really thing a guy coming off surgery (schmidt) can handle that load for much longer? look at koufax; he played through injuries for years which only shortened his career. not really the same thing, but you must get what i mean
chadxor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:52 pm

chadxor wrote:do you really thing a guy coming off surgery (schmidt) can handle that load for much longer? look at koufax; he played through injuries for years which only shortened his career. not really the same thing, but you must get what i mean

No I don't. Schmidt is Cy Young.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:23 pm

chadxor wrote:do you really thing a guy coming off surgery (schmidt) can handle that load for much longer? look at koufax; he played through injuries for years which only shortened his career. not really the same thing, but you must get what i mean

Koufax and chronic arthritis problems, which isnt the same Schmidt had. I dont think hes going to follow the same path.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers