Tim McCarver Is the Anti Christ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tim McCarver Is the Anti Christ

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KULCAT » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:48 pm

Ive never heard Tim Mcarver. Could you tell me a couple of subjects he might have talked about so i could understand why you guys hate him?
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Elohim » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:58 am

perlick29 wrote:Yes I am. We should definetly talk because broadcasting is my passion. There is no better rush than being on the air. Everyone at the cafe wanna hear something cool? When I was a sophmore in High School I broadcasted a lot of sports for my high school one of them being basketball. One kid I became friends with on my team named Damon Davis and he was friends with a superstar named Ben Gordon. I met Ben through basketball and broadcasted his games for 2 years when he played for Mount Vernon High School in New York and torched us. I have those games on tape where he scored 10 points in a minute including an under the hoop in bounds pass-alley-oop where he reverse jammed it. We still keep in touch. A few days ago he was selected as the #3 pick overall in the draft by the Chicago Bulls! Another good story is when I broadcasted a game with Jeff Van Gundy after he got fired by the knicks and hired by TNT. He was there to watch the coach of White Plains, who was a friend of his, (I went to New Rochelle High School) and he agreed to be my color-man for the game. What a thrill. Nsulham, where do you broadcast from?

cool man, Van Gundy (the ugly one) is a great on air personality. Him and Mike Fratello had great chemistry together (not a fan of Marv tho). Ben Gordon is dope! He should be a great pro.

who do you broadcast for now?
Elohim
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:02 am

Im a big Joe Buck fan. My friends dating his niece?

Jack Buck was great too. RIP dude
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:08 am

Elohim wrote:
perlick29 wrote:Yes I am. We should definetly talk because broadcasting is my passion. There is no better rush than being on the air. Everyone at the cafe wanna hear something cool? When I was a sophmore in High School I broadcasted a lot of sports for my high school one of them being basketball. One kid I became friends with on my team named Damon Davis and he was friends with a superstar named Ben Gordon. I met Ben through basketball and broadcasted his games for 2 years when he played for Mount Vernon High School in New York and torched us. I have those games on tape where he scored 10 points in a minute including an under the hoop in bounds pass-alley-oop where he reverse jammed it. We still keep in touch. A few days ago he was selected as the #3 pick overall in the draft by the Chicago Bulls! Another good story is when I broadcasted a game with Jeff Van Gundy after he got fired by the knicks and hired by TNT. He was there to watch the coach of White Plains, who was a friend of his, (I went to New Rochelle High School) and he agreed to be my color-man for the game. What a thrill. Nsulham, where do you broadcast from?

cool man, Van Gundy (the ugly one) is a great on air personality. Him and Mike Fratello had great chemistry together (not a fan of Marv tho). Ben Gordon is dope! He should be a great pro.

Currently I broadcast for the Temple University football and basketball teams on local radio not the big one and I do some independent work for CN8 high school football games. Those who live in Philly know CN8 which is comcast sports net does high school football games of the week in the Philly NJ Delaware area. I've done 4 of those as the play-by-play guy. The pay is good especially for a younger guy like myself who is still in college.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Elohim » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:14 am

perlick29 wrote:
Elohim wrote:

Currently I broadcast for the Temple University football and basketball teams on local radio not the big one and I do some independent work for CN8 high school football games. Those who live in Philly know CN8 which is comcast sports net does high school football games of the week in the Philly NJ Delaware area. I've done 4 of those as the play-by-play guy. The pay is good especially for a younger guy like myself who is still in college.

nice. Isn't that guy Hawkins for Temple a pretty good baller? I didn't hear anything about him draft-wise so I'm guessing he's still in school...does he have NBA potential?
Elohim
College Coach
College Coach

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:17 am

Hawkins graduated, he was a lot of fun to watch and an excellent human being. His wife and kid are also great people. Unfortunatelly I don't see it happening for him in the NBA. He went undrafted because he has a body for the 3 but a game of the 2. He's too slow for the NBA and doesn't shoot at a high percentage. He was really all the owls had last year so that's why he was fourth in the nation in ppg. But like I said, a great guy to hang around and talk to.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Elohim » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:23 am

too bad for him. hah is that guy Chaney still their coach? Have you met him? he seems pretty crazy...
Elohim
College Coach
College Coach

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:30 am

Yes Jon Cheney is still the coach and he will be until he passes away. Jon is a sweet guy who gives orientation speeches to incomming freshman. I interviewed for a show I was doing before the 03-04 season and he was polite and his presence was certainly felt in the room. I was very scared that I would embarass myself next to him but the interview went great. If you want to chat more about anything send me a PM as I fear the good people here dont want to listen to me babbling anymore. :-) :-b :-D

Seriously, send me a PM, I love getting mail here, makes me feel special.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Elohim » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:37 am

well thats all I know about Temple so I can't think of any other questions...you guys can go back to bashing McCarver, altho there are plenty of other boring announcers you could add to the list (A's and Braves come to mind).

well this is on topic: Perlick- who are your favorite baseball broadcasters? basketball?
Elohim
College Coach
College Coach

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:54 am

My favorites? OK here are five baseball, football, and basketball guys I like:

Baseball-
1. Vin Scully-(the master)
2. John Sterling (Yankees radio, bring back sterling-Kay, please!)
3. Joe Buck
4. Sean Mcdonough
5. John Miller- sunday nights with morgan is tolerable because of him

Basketball-
1. Marv Albert (he is fabulous, think commentating only, I take after him)
2. Kevin Harlan
3. Doug Collins
4. Dick Enberg
5. Charles Barkley (I know but damn funny)

Football-
1. Al Michaels
2. Joe Buck again, along with Aikman
3. Madden (fat and funny)
4. Phil Simms and Dick Enberg again
5. Bob Papa (Giants radio guy)

I hate most espn guys in all of those sports ie tom tolbert, Morgan, the football crew theisman etc. I absolutely hate McCarver and Brent Musberger. Ugh Brent Musberger now he's the anti christ.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers