VMART COOLING OFF??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

VMART COOLING OFF???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KULCAT » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:33 pm

He´s a kid who´s never played so many games at the majors. He´s bound to hit a wall.
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:34 pm

It's just a little slump. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: VMART COOLING OFF???

Postby sammyfan711 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:45 pm

Madbomber wrote:V-Mart has not been himself this week since fouling a ball off his shin earlier in the week. Anyone know if the pain is effecting his play?

I saw the White Sox game when he hurt his shin - he actually got a hit that at-bat and proceeded to have a 4-4 night. The following day he went 2-5.

Maybe the reason he's been hitless for a few games now is his lack of rest. He DH'ed yesterday and I was sure he would get the day off today after an 0-6 night. But he is back in the lineup today. The Indians are off tomorrow (thankfully) but does anyone else think he would benefit from more rest?

As fantasy owners, we become greedy and welcome 6-game weeks from the catcher spot. But this might wear our guy down by season's end...
sammyfan711
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:54 pm

I would think the DH stints would keep him refreshed. I like the move to put him back in there today. Shows confidence in the young guy and I hate managers who think slumps get broken out of on the bench. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers