If "Hitler" kills a thread, what about political campaigns? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

If "Hitler" kills a thread, what about political campaigns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: If "Hitler" kills a thread, what about political campaign

Postby Madison » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:21 am

KULCAT wrote:You know its very curious to me how you guys refer to liberals and conservatives as if they were some race from another planet. Is it that way in your country or is it just in the cafe?

Don't look at me. :-D Republican, Democrat, Independant, Liberal, Left-Wing, Right-Wing makes no difference to me. I vote for the lesser of the evils come election day. :-°
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:49 am

LOL ..

I heard today that Kerry hired the kids who created the Hitler Ad for move-on.org. He added them to his campaign. Can anybody confirm this?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 758)

Postby ironman » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 pm

I'm with wrveres on this in that it does not directly compare Kerry to Hitler. But its ambiguities will allow a lot of viewers to come up with various assumptions. By juxtaposing all those clips together, it allows the public to begin to come up with all sorts of crazy thoughts and notions most of which will reflect badly on the democrats.

You gotta give credit to Karl Rove and the gang on that one. He's a slick son of a gun and Kerry's folks will have to have the big guns ready if they want to win this mudslinging battle.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:42 pm

wrveres wrote:LOL ..

I heard today that Kerry hired the kids who created the Hitler Ad for move-on.org. He added them to his campaign. Can anybody confirm this?

I don't think this is true. I think some people previously at moveon.org work for Kerry now. Some were making the connection that they sponsored the Hitler ads, which is rather misleading.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ironman » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:43 pm

Also way back in the thread someone made reference to the (in)famous ad against Barry Goldwater that showed the little girl and the nuke going off. I believe that was Lyndon Johnson not Kennedy that ran that ad. Kennedy ran against Nixon in 1960. Johnson ran against Goldwater in 1964.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:46 pm

LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:Kerry has no use for United States defense. He will take everything to the UN and I do mean everything! That is a fact that cannot be disputed.

I shiver when I think what will become of us if Kerry is elected!

This is most definitely not a fact, and it can be disputed. My boss is rather highly involved in Kerry's foreign policy, and he will not take everything to the UN, and, like Bush, he doesn't believe in the UN holding the only legitimacy to act in situations like this. My boss, in fact, supported the Iraq war, and supported the manner in which Bush sent about it.

And, yes, Hootie, of what little sums I make, I send a bit to Kerry.

As far as his defense votes, he feels similarly to I--that voting for a bad defense bill (of which there are many) isn't a vote against defense, but for that bill. To say his policies will make the country less safe is certainly a stretch. I think Tom Ridge makes us less safe. I think the missile defense program makes us less safe.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:04 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:Reason #92348093854 that politics brings out the worst in people.

LOL. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:32 pm

Kerry campaign spokesperson Phil Singer issued the following statement in response to the Internet ad on George Bush's website featuring images of Adolph Hitler:

“The fact that George Bush thinks it’s appropriate to use images of Adolf Hitler in his campaign raises serious questions about his fitness to spend another four years in the White House. Adolf Hitler slaughtered millions of innocent people and has no place in a campaign that is supposed to be about the future and hope of this nation. The President’s use of these images during a month that evoked the memory of World War II is remarkably insensitive to the sacrifices of the millions of people who lost their lives during Hitler’s reign of terror.
“The Bush Campaign should immediately remove these hateful images from its website and apologize for using them. The use of Adolf Hitler by any campaign, politician or party is simply wrong.”

Apparently Singer has no problems "Hiring" guys that put this garbage up though, how ... how ..... well, how hypocritical is that?

....You don't need to reed between the lines people, its right there in front of you
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:19 pm

Wrveres... Can I suggest that maybe maybe you're just the teensiest bit partisan?

Nobody at Moveon.org had anything to do with the original ad. Nobody. They're a good organization and they have some people working for them (and I'm extrapolating here) who are just trying to get a start in politics. Are you saying - and correct me if I'm wrong here - that nobody should ever hire anyone from moveon because moveon once held a contest open to the public that received some objectionable films?

But at the same time are you saying that it's okay for Bush to use this footage?

And then - and, again, correct me if I'm wrong - are you saying that it's the other side that's somehow hypocritical?

I just want to make sure that I understand your position.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:40 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Wrveres... Can I suggest that maybe maybe you're just the teensiest bit partisan?

Nobody at Moveon.org had anything to do with the original ad. Nobody. They're a good organization and they have some people working for them (and I'm extrapolating here) who are just trying to get a start in politics. Are you saying - and correct me if I'm wrong here - that nobody should ever hire anyone from moveon because moveon once held a contest open to the public that received some objectionable films?

But at the same time are you saying that it's okay for Bush to use this footage?

And then - and, again, correct me if I'm wrong - are you saying that it's the other side that's somehow hypocritical?

I just want to make sure that I understand your position.

you got it, well close .... what you fail to tell everybody is, that Kerry turned around and hired the very guy that put on the contest and put up the ad's. No he didn't create them, somebody else did, but by the site admins (moveon) own words, they didn't find them objectionable at all and it was just Republican Bullchit ....

Bush put it up simply to show what you, as a political party were saying about him. He never once compared Kerry to Hitler, on the contrary the Republican Ad clearly shows Bush acting like Hitler. I am quite surprised actually you are upset about this. You would think that you would be happy to see an ad with Bush acting like Hitler. Even if it is your original content ....

as for the rest of the Move-on.org staff members, let them get jobs based upon there own merits. The guy Kerry hired, I forget his name, is a black eye. Sorry you can't see that
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk