If "Hitler" kills a thread, what about political campaigns? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

If "Hitler" kills a thread, what about political campaigns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:09 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:But here's my idea for a new Kerry ad. It could be Bush sitting for 7 minutes reading "My Pet Goat" while images from the 9/11 attacks plays in the background. It will be okay for Kerry to use images from the attacks because Bush did it first and that absolves Kerry from all responsibility. Then the ad closes with Bush talking about what a good year it was for him.

I think he acted correctly given the circumstances.

BTW - if any of you want to debate issues, I would love to as well. We can discuss any number of things - education, campaign finance laws, tort reform, judicial nominations, fiscal policy, health care system, environment, seperation of church and state, abortion, racial profiling - seriously, you name the issue and I will be more than happy to discuss it. Here's the caviat - no one can bring up any one specific person in either party. Let this simply be about the issues.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:15 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:If a Republican "527" ran an ad, I'd expect it--they're using loopholes in the first place--but we have to draw the line when it comes to the candidate.

You mean the Democrats are using 527 organizations as loopholes in the campaign finance laws, right? I'm pretty sure thats what you meant to say. Maybe they just dont get airtime where I'm from, but I have yet to see an advertisement from a conservative based organization, while I did see a number of liberal spots within the last few months.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:22 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:BTW - if any of you want to debate issues, I would love to as well. We can discuss any number of things - education, campaign finance laws, tort reform, judicial nominations, fiscal policy, health care system, environment, seperation of church and state, abortion, racial profiling - seriously, you name the issue and I will be more than happy to discuss it. Here's the caviat - no one can bring up any one specific person in either party. Let this simply be about the issues.

That would be a worthwhile endeavor - the problem is that many of the members here seem to get frustrated because they feel their side is right and the other wrong - when they can't make the other side see the error of their ways they get frustrated and resort to personal attacks and name calling against either the poster or his candidate (hmm, just like the candidates themselves).
Good luck!
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Urge » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:02 pm

Urge wrote:Hahaha I just watched it an wrveres is right, there's no comparison of Kerry to Hitler, it's Bush to Hitler. The whole ad is clips of democrats bashing on Bush.

Unless Kerry was president and being blamed for war crimes in 2003 I don't see how the first Hitler clip is referencing him and not Bush. Just reading the text overlay makes that pretty obvious since it's statement is "what were war crimes in 1945...is foreign policy in 2003" with a pic of Hitler followed by a pic of Bush in a similar pose.

On the second Hitler clip isn't that Bush being quoted on the text overlay? "God told me to strike at al-Qaida...". Of course the pic of Hitler is again followed up with a pic of Bush in a similar pose.

How exactly is it that you can conclude the video is comparing Kerry to Hitler?

Nobody wants to answer?
Urge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wkelly91 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:00 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:BTW - if any of you want to debate issues, I would love to as well. We can discuss any number of things - education, campaign finance laws, tort reform, judicial nominations, fiscal policy, health care system, environment, seperation of church and state, abortion, racial profiling - seriously, you name the issue and I will be more than happy to discuss it. Here's the caviat - no one can bring up any one specific person in either party. Let this simply be about the issues.

I like that Idea Cornbread...we will see how many partisans in this site would agree to such guidelines. ;-D ;-D ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thetongueofire » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:11 pm

aarghh. stop. anyone who uses frikkin Hitler in his campaign ad is a f****** retard. period.

the thing is if youre doing a campaign why wouldnt you wanna show that YOU and your solutions are good for the country and NOT try to baselessly malign the other guy. so much for "dignity".. ;-7

and yeah, politicks sucks !!!! :-D
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:50 pm

I suppose nobody will ever accuse him of taking the moral high ground.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:42 pm

TRANS you send $ to Kerry? Not a clutch move. :-D

Kerry has voted against the majority of National Defense weapons. Why would he suddenly care about defense?
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:58 pm

Kerry has no use for United States defense. He will take everything to the UN and I do mean everything! That is a fact that cannot be disputed.

I shiver when I think what will become of us if Kerry is elected!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:22 am

You mean when we finally let France decide our National Policy :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)