quick dumb idea, denote overall #s with t - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

quick dumb idea, denote overall #s with t

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

quick dumb idea, denote overall #s with t

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:01 pm

in terms of overall value for standard 5x5 roto players, i'm thinking an aggregate number of the runs/HRs/RBIs/steals of a person would indicate the most value.

this way you dont really have to measure base-stealing versus HRs in terms of pure statistical value, you can just look at it that way (though i do believe since there are less SBs than HRs in MLB that they're slightly more valuable, however in the end they weigh the exact same)

heck, this is basically the yahoo 5x5 ranking system minus the average. so it's basically a "duh" type idea, but i'm thinking of using the number amongst ourselves in conversation as a single representation of just how many points they've indicated.

so i'm thinkin how you'd be like "oh vlad has 17HR this year" maybe call it t for total, and be like he's at 148T, or 148-T

so the leaders:

vlad, 148-T
rolen, 137-T
pujols, 135-T
abreu, 130-T

and poor rent is sucking along at 81-T

wordage. excessive.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby matmat » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:03 pm

i like the idea. I've used one like it for a while. I think that HR might be about 2x as important as R/RBI and about 0.5 as important as SB, but whatever ratios you choose to use toy can always just add up the final numbers to give you a sense of "worth"
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:04 pm

It's not a bad idea...but the averages are being completely ignored. Guys like Adam Dunn and Jose Valentin would be greatly overvalued with this method.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Return to Baseball Leftovers