forecasting tropical storm vladimir - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

forecasting tropical storm vladimir

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

forecasting tropical storm vladimir

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:41 pm

welp, as i've believed for a couple of years now, it seems like being in a more potent lineup has helped vladimir guerrero put up killer numbers looking to end up more like his early years (~.340/40+/120+) than his 2001-03 stretch (~.320/30+/100/30+), better yet, while he's been striking out more than walking, which reverses a trend of him bettering in his BB/K ratio every year (as opposed to the K/BB ratio), he seems to be on track for a career year.

i know he got off to a quick start in 2000, and that season ended up something like .350/44/123... i didnt keep track of him back then, but i have over the last few seasons, and i've noticed that he's traditionally very hot from august on, usually hitting .350+ with power from august on.

through 71 games he's sitting at .351/17/65, so projecting this out to 150 games, you're looking at .351/36/138 with 11 steals. he's hit up to 44 homers in the past, and judging by what i've seen i dont think he's going to try and hit 50 (though i think he could at the expense of the average), but his career high in RBIs is 131, so it looks like he has a great chance to break that.

do you think .351/36/138 on a playoff team is a MVP type year?

thing is, with vlad, i think he's a special player in that at some point, he's liable to do great things that buck the ordinary trends. he might be able to hit 50 home runs and not compromise his average someday, or he might go nuts and drive in 150, or hell he could start stealing bases again.

so where do you think he'll end up?
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSes » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:49 pm

Vlad Guerrero, your correcr Vlad is even better after the break, I see no reason why he can't finish

135 Runs
45 HR
135 RBI
15 SB
350 AVG

The man is a monster, there is no slowing him down and the return of a healthy Angels lineup can only bolster his stats from here on out. Your looking at the AL MVP and one of the top 3 fantasy players in the game.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers