thoughts on benching big name players... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

thoughts on benching big name players...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

thoughts on benching big name players...

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:22 pm

i'm interested to find out whether y'all willing to bench big-name mostly everyday players when they're in slumps or coming back from injuries.

i ask because i've got sammy sosa on all three of my squads, and realistically he hasn't done much of anything since he got back. still, i acknowledge at some point he's very likely to get it together and hit homeruns in clusters, and i have to weigh out the chance of missing out on 1-3 HRs in a breakout game versus throwing someone like a phil nevin or a casey blake in there, aka someone who's been hot.

i also have pat burrell, and while he's still got good overall #s, even for the two teams i have him on where he came off of the bench, he seems to always get cold for prolonged periods of time. not to mention, jorge posada hasn't done anything in terms of power/RBI after getting hit in the face... whereas he was like 8/30 after april before that happened.

what do you think?
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KULCAT » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:11 pm

I do it all time. If the slump is prolonged i dont see why you should swallow weeks of low production. Id rather sit the guy and go with the hot waiver player until the stud starts hitting. Of course this have to be long slumps, were not talking 4 days here
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers