Conspiracy Theories - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Conspiracy Theories

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby matmat » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:20 am

Madison wrote: it would be a little foolish to believe that we are the only intelligent life in the entire universe.

*snort*

*snort*

*chuckle*
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:12 pm

Madison wrote: but I think it would be a little foolish to believe that we are the only intelligent life in the entire universe.

I am not convinced there is intelligent life on Earth.... :-b

osb wrote:http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

the site basically goes along with the am radio show that airs from 1-5 am est...

I have listened to that show quite a few times....it really is funny some of the stuff he comes up with....and the callers are hilarious... B-)

It would be a waste if we were the only civilization in the vast universe.... :-/
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:23 pm

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

pretty interesting, pretty long as well. if you're strapped for time scroll down a ways to the part where it says what the people in Austrailia saw when we landed on the moon. it is the most humorous

The possiblity that there is other intelligence life out in the universe is extremely great. The possibility that they have visited earth? Eh, significantilty slimmer. I'm open to it though.

I do believe in a yeti,

lol
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby matmat » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:27 pm

CrazyPooja90 wrote:I do believe in a yeti,
lol

heee heee... well, they keep making games about penguin swatting and all that . .
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:36 pm

lol

ok thinking about it logically, the chances that there is a big foot in the wilderness of the US is ridiculous, all the forest have been so tourist raped that he would have been discovered. however, the Himalyan Mountains are deff not quite so populated. it would possible that there might be another yeti species that wouldn't have been seen thus far.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wkelly91 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:15 pm

There was an antelope found in the jungles of vietnam recently that was never cataloged. Additionally fisherman netted a Caelocanthe(sp?) fish of the coast of Madagascar that was thought to be extinct millions of years ago.

The Yeti and Bigfoot are plausable B-)

Aliens I have a harder time with. Why travel light years just to hide from people, pick up and play doctor with others, and then run away? I don't get it?

If they are sophisticated enough to figure out light travel they should be sophistcated to know we are ignarant savages next to them....or maybe they don't exist at all :-?
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:56 pm

wkelly91 wrote:If they are sophisticated enough to figure out light travel they should be sophistcated to know we are ignarant savages next to them

Or maybe they know we have Bush as a leader...and he will attack without....oh nevermind, this is about conspiracies, right.... ;-)

j/k...not trying to start a political debate in here... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wkelly91 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:59 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:j/k...not trying to start a political debate in here... :-)

B-)
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:02 pm

wkelly91 wrote:There was an antelope found in the jungles of vietnam recently that was never cataloged. Additionally fisherman netted a Caelocanthe(sp?) fish of the coast of Madagascar that was thought to be extinct millions of years ago.

The Yeti and Bigfoot are plausable B-)

Aliens I have a harder time with. Why travel light years just to hide from people, pick up and play doctor with others, and then run away? I don't get it?

If they are sophisticated enough to figure out light travel they should be sophistcated to know we are ignarant savages next to them....or maybe they don't exist at all :-?

I don't believe in the alien abduction stories, but I heard somewhere that there is a one in nine million chance that a planet created will be suitable for life(as we define it). There are over nine million planets, so that should mean there is life elsewhere. The big question to me is how intelligent is this life? Is it just a simple bacteria, or is it actually intelligent life?

AND, if we ever discovered another alien species on another planet, we wouldn't rush in and reveal ourselves, so why should they? We would, most likely, observe them and determine their intelligence and risk to our species.

On a side note, the reason the movie "Signs" freaked me out was b/c of the way it was presented. IF, and I know that's a big if, we were ever invaded, the way the whole movie portrays it is so realistic. The media coverage of the whole thing hit a little too close to home. The scene with the alien walking by the alleyway at a birthday party, which was caught on home video, literally made me freeze in terror.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pablo975 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:36 pm

I always liked Dennis Millers' take on aliens.

Basically, he finds it hard to believe they can travel light years to Earth dodging comets, black holes, and supernovas......but those New Mexico power lines are a real bitch to navigate through, aren't they?

He also implores them to PLEASE....stay out of our asses. There is nothing in there that will help you and your dying planet of Romuloid VII find women or water......

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk