10 Reasons why the A's are better then the Giants - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

10 Reasons why the A's are better then the Giants

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jellyroll » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm

We may be drunk, obnoxious, and occasionally illiterate but we show up understanding the game. And drunk or not are enthused by the game.

Got suckered into a Giants game a couple months back, stadium is immaculate, the game was great (game after the Bonds vs Gagne hr game). But the fans could give a flying f%#@ about the game. It was pretentious and eerie. about 10% capacity through the first 2 innings then the remaining 90% sauntered in between 3-6th innings. then half the people left in the 7th.

with the A's I've gone games without missing a pitch, with well timed beer, hotdog, bathroom runs. Maybe not sellouts but how cares. ;-D
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 527
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: West Indies

Postby GSes » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:00 pm

eftda wrote:last two A's games I went to were "sell Outs" but they still had Mt. Davis empty 8-o

and for those two times (this year) there have been at least one guy taken who was drunk and causing fights... NO last 3 times... And everyone says that SF is the 'gay' city but i've never seena ny gays at SBC only at the NET. Geez this one guy was hitting on the usher... "So, do you usher the Radiers too? ;-) "--- I soon moved ...

But they A's Double PLays wednesdays work for me, I might go the next time that they have it and I hope to go this saturday for the Giants @ Oak series.


ya I have to admit it, it is embarissing b/c there are so many drunk loooser fans who come to the A's games, but you just ignore them and have your own fun time cheering for your team, you only run into the drunk guy problem in the 3rd deeck of the bleachers, if you sit in the first deck or even 2nd deck you get a very nice experience with some more "classy" people.

Im going to the game tonight A's vs giants zito vs schmidt, cant wait. ;-D
Image
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2498
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Shadows

Re: 10 Reasons why the A's are better then the Giants

Postby ramble2 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:25 pm

1. I'm with you all the way:

GiantFan666 wrote:God I hate marketing depts.!!!!


Especially when marketing depts. are given top-down orders from MLB central office. No good can come of it ...

2. A's games are perfectly pleasant. Hardly any disruptions or disturbances what so ever. Well, except the time my brother and I took our mom to a game and massive expletive-laced fight broke out in our section. Uh, never mind ... Seriously though, it's not that bad.

3. A's fans cheer walks as loud as hits. There may not be a ton of fans there (average attendance: 24,812, 58.6% full), but the fans are knowledgeable. Even when you have 35,000 people there, it still looks empty because of the stupid additions made to accomodate the NFL. Multi-use stadiums suck.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 2952
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 27 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Salt Lake City

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brisbane and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(1:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(4:05 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact