shortsavage wrote:Some reasons why following the Giants is more enjoyable:
* I'd rather have the person to my right talking on a cell phone than stumbling around drunk.
* The A's TV announcers are far from stellar (Kuiper is an improvement though).
* Their games are on TV what...twice a week (I see more hours of A's commercials than games)?
* To get their games on the radio, they buddy up with an Oldies station (Tiny Tim is singing "Tiptoed in the Tulips", the pre-game show should be on soon).
* Mt. Davis ruined their once scenic ballpark (they have a nicer AAA ball park than major league ball park).
* Because their mascot cannot break dance (that horny elephant tried to steal my girlfriend once at a game, he should be entertaining not scamming women).
* Fans result to the wave by the fifth inning (I didn't know that cheering involves watching other people in the upper deck stand up).
LOL, ok so those are all kind of true. The A's attendance isnt that bad, wveres makes it sound like we are Expo like. I mean for weekend games most of the first and second deck's are full...................For weekday games all three deck's are fairly empty, and yes
Go to the A's games on wednesdays for DOUBLE PLAY WED
Tickets are $2
Hot Dogs are $1
Parking is $20
but hey they have to make money somehwere?
Ok so our attendance is bad and yes the As do attract a load of drunks, in fact a couple weeks ago it was BEER Fest 2004, my friends and I missed the first inning because we got caught up in it and yes about a month ago my friends and I got thrown out of the a's game and escorted by around 10 officers, but it was all a big misunderstanding. I will be glad to tell the true story if anyone wants to hear, long story short they thought we had bombs and were terrorists but the bombs they thought we had were really just the little boxes that the SGA bobble head was in.
Like I said long story, so ya A's our attendance is bad and the park is old and ugly but hey its the NET, I go to games, and those that do go cheer LOUD for our team unlike the giants fans who sit around on their cell phones, eat, and drink whine. I been to many Giants games, SBC PArk is the BEST park in the MLB, and every game is sold out. But hey the A's sell out once in a while like when the giants come to town
And yes we have enough people to do the wave. Last game I was a Saturday game and the paid attendance was 25,000 people.