10 Reasons why the A's are better then the Giants - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

10 Reasons why the A's are better then the Giants

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 10 Reasons why the A's are better then the Giants

Postby GiantFan666 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:55 am

GSes wrote:Today I recieved an EMAIL from the Oakland A's informing me tickets were still available, I guess Im on there tickets mailing list thing for ordering them off the website and I know lots of you probably got this email, but I wanted to share it b/c I think its hilarious and it will piss off all Giant fans like EFTDA :-D :-D :-D

They said tickets were still available and then the email ended with this list

10 reasons it's better to be an A's fan than a Giants fan:

10. 0 Splash Hits, 4 World Titles

9. The A's have hit for more cycles at SBC Park then
the Giants

8. A's fans actually cheer at the games

7. We're on the sunny side of the bay

6. Affordable Ticket Prices

5. Cy Young Awards: A's 5, Giants 1

4. Our best hitter actually gets to swing the bat

3. We're the only team to bring a World Series Title to
the Bay

2. A's fans can name more then 1 player on the team

1. 1989 World Champs

#4 is my personal favorite lol

Yeah, I got the e-mail from the giants side of the bay... I already deleted the e-mail but one of the ones that stuck in my mind was half-way down the list
"At least we've one a pennant in the last ten years"
Now I'm just about the biggest Giant fan you'll ever see, but I'm not friggin retarded !.. when I read that the first thing I thought was the A's response.. " At least we've won a world series!!" last time I checked Oakland A's outnumber the SF Giants on both pennants and world series titles... God I hate marketing depts.!!!!
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:03 am

actually, I thought the funniest part of that whole email was ..

tickets Available ...

I mean serioussly, Does anybody go to their games. For the life of me I cannot figure out why that city does not support that team, yet the Raiders have a cult following. go figure.

Oakland doesn't deserve that team. They should move to Vegas or Portland.

at least people go to Giants games .... Why?

I know why...
Its to see splash landings ..
Oh, and because they actually have a chance each postseason ... :-D

Billy Beane knows what I am talking about ;-)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby eftda » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:06 am

slomo007 wrote:The A's fifth starter, Redman or Harden (however you want to look at it), is better than any Giants starter not named Schmidt.

1st off: Williams is better than Harden...

2nd: do the A's fans want a cookie? I dont see the point? Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs.. all have best fans.. The Giants have one of the top 3 ballparks (PNC, SBC and TBD).. the Cubs have the best pitching staff and the Astros have the best lineup.... and the Giants have sold more tickets in the last 5 years than the A's.... If you want me to say it then I will, The A's GM is better than the Giants GM... :-? Is that was you were going for?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:07 am

wrveres wrote:actually, I thought the funniest part of that whole email was ..

tickets Available ...

A's always have open seats... and for a good reason
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:13 am

KPucks wrote:
GSes wrote:

Technically, Cavez doesn't get to swing the bat right now :-D

Well, if you really want to be technical, he can swing the bat right now................. from his hospital bed :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:19 am

LBJackal wrote:
KPucks wrote:
GSes wrote:

Technically, Cavez doesn't get to swing the bat right now :-D

Well, if you really want to be technical, he can swing the bat right now................. from his hospital bed :-D

:-D :-D Too be really technical.. hes not in a hospital, hes at his home.... On earth ;-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pibb55 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:20 am

LBJackal wrote:Well, if you really want to be technical, he can swing the bat right now................. from his hospital bed :-D

Well if you wanna get technical, you dont need to be in a hospital bed to nurse a broken hand :-D
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GiantFan666 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:59 am

I mean serioussly, Does anybody go to their games. For the life of me I cannot figure out why that city does not support that team, yet the Raiders have a cult following. go figure.

The Raiders might have a cult following, but I can assure you, that cult following doesn't translate to sold tickets... It was a dark day for NFL fans in the Bay Area when the Raiders moved back to Oakland... Speaking as a life-long 49ers fan, it was great when the raiders were in LA.. During the season we would see 4 games every weekend, 2 of the early games 49ers if it was an away game, or 2 late games, 49ers at home.. with the raiders back in town, it dropped down to 2 games due to the fact that the raiders never ever sold out a game.. the local tv stations would have to buy the remainining seats if the raiders were on monday night so the game wouldn't be blacked out on local channels... but perhaps this is a story best suited for the Fantasyfootballcafe sight!!! can't wait !!
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GSes » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:05 am

GiantFan666 wrote:I mean serioussly, Does anybody go to their games. For the life of me I cannot figure out why that city does not support that team, yet the Raiders have a cult following. go figure.

The Raiders might have a cult following, but I can assure you, that cult following doesn't translate to sold tickets... It was a dark day for NFL fans in the Bay Area when the Raiders moved back to Oakland... Speaking as a life-long 49ers fan, it was great when the raiders were in LA.. During the season we would see 4 games every weekend, 2 of the early games 49ers if it was an away game, or 2 late games, 49ers at home.. with the raiders back in town, it dropped down to 2 games due to the fact that the raiders never ever sold out a game.. the local tv stations would have to buy the remainining seats if the raiders were on monday night so the game wouldn't be blacked out on local channels... but perhaps this is a story best suited for the Fantasyfootballcafe sight!!! can't wait !!

Those that do go to the A's games (few that may be) are TRUE FANS who make up for the lack of quanity of fans with our quality of fans. If that made any sense? Point is, while the A's nation is small, we are true and die hard.

GO A's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GiantFan666 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:11 am

GSes wrote:
GiantFan666 wrote:I mean serioussly, Does anybody go to their games. For the life of me I cannot figure out why that city does not support that team, yet the Raiders have a cult following. go figure.

Those that do go to the A's games (few that may be) are TRUE FANS who make up for the lack of quanity of fans with our quality of fans. If that made any sense? Point is, while the A's nation is small, we are true and die hard.

GO A's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Gses! do they still do dollar dog nights out there?? me and my buddy used to take bart up from San Jose back in 2001 for those nights ! hard to beat great seats for most games walking up to the gates the night of the games and then the added bonus of nice size hot dogs for a buck!!
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers