What Food Do You Eat While Watching a Game? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What Food Do You Eat While Watching a Game?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What Food Do You Eat While Watching a Game?

Pizza
23%
Hot Dog
8%
Finger Food
23%
Doggie Treats
8%
Closest Thing in Reach
31%
Green Leaf salad with out dressing
8%

Total votes : 13

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:03 am

wkelly91 wrote:I'm scared to ask :-o

What is recycled beer :-o

When I was in grad school in Montreal, a pub just off of campus was fined by the health department for reselling beer left over in pitchers (the rumor was that they also resold beer left in glasses but that was just a rumor).

The main pub on campus Gertrude Stein's (Gert's for short) posted signs all over campus telling people about it. But nothing could keep people away from the Peel Pub - you just can't beat $6 pitchers and $4 dinner specials, especially when you are a poor student. Fill your stomach and get wasted for $10/person.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:10 am

Mookie4ever wrote:

When I was in grad school in Montreal, a pub just off of campus was fined by the health department for reselling beer left over in pitchers (the rumor was that they also resold beer left in glasses but that was just a rumor).

The main pub on campus Gertrude Stein's (Gert's for short) posted signs all over campus telling people about it. But nothing could keep people away from the Peel Pub - you just can't beat $6 pitchers and $4 dinner specials, especially when you are a poor student. Fill your stomach and get wasted for $10/person.

How big were those pitchers??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby wkelly91 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:12 am

:-° That was better than I was thinking. Yea I guess when your in college after a few pitchers you probably wouldn't care where it came from 8-o

We drank MD 20/20, Thunderbird, and grain alcohol mixed with Koolaide.

A friend of mine who was broke and desperate to get high went to the library (prbably his first time) and got a book called "Natural highs". He found that if you mixed paprika or nutmeg (not sure which one) in quantity you would get violently ill then have an LSD type trip. He drank a whole bunch of it in water, got violently ill, but never got high. Not to be detered he ate even a larger ammount in oatmeal the next night, got violently ill, and still never got high :-b
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:18 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

How big were those pitchers??

When you are really poor like we were, you made damn sure that you drank the beer first, before you had anything in your stomach.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby LBJackal » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:00 am

Interesting sotry, Mook :-o

When me and my friends were 18 (a long time ago.....back in 2002 :-b ) we all headed out to Montreal for NYE since the drinking age is.......you guessed it: 18. One night was devoted to Peel Pub.....awesome place. I didn't see anything saying the beer was recycled, and actually it wasn't that cheap. It was, however, fun seeing all the lightweight Americans being dragged out of the place after tasting some real beer ;-D

Oh yeah, and that "Super Sex" place isn't bad either.............we went at 7:30 the night we got there :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bucsfan04 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:24 pm

Basically anything good i can grab -- pretzels, popcorn, chips -- whatever.
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to General Talk