Zarqawi Strikes Again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Zarqawi Strikes Again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:05 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:I would suggest that the greatest threat is North Korea, and they don't have much oil for us.

Are you saying what I think you're saying?? That Yankee fans and Red Sox fans can agree on something?? 8-o

Damn straight; and this isn't the first time, Lo. Two rational people here.. :-b ;-D

Ok, now that's just crazy talk... :-D
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:29 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:I would suggest that the greatest threat is North Korea, and they don't have much oil for us.

I think they're just sabre rattling stemming from their economic problems and the fact they don't have the Soviet Union to run to for financial aid. They are also intellectually bankrupt as a result of being the first communist regime in which power was handed down to the next generation of the leader's family - this did not work out as the current leader is ill-suited for the job. I think appeasement will be readily attained through financial aid. What they really need is an internal coup even if it is by other communists as anyone would have to be better, and smarter, than what they have now.
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:02 pm

Sabre rattling? They have processed uranium, have made several new bombs this year--some say seven or so--and they have proven their willingness to sell/trade this material, as evidenced by sending some to Libya.

And Kim Jong Il could be intellectually bankrupt, as you said, but he's one crazy man... crazy. He is not a rational actor.

To ignore Korea is an enormous mistake.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:21 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:Sabre rattling? They have processed uranium, have made several new bombs this year--some say seven or so--and they have proven their willingness to sell/trade this material, as evidenced by sending some to Libya.

And Kim Jong Il could be intellectually bankrupt, as you said, but he's one crazy man... crazy. He is not a rational actor.

To ignore Korea is an enormous mistake.

Agreed, but I think they see this as their only bargaining chip in today's world, at least in their leader's unbalanced mind. I do believe he is for sale to the highest bidder and I don't forsee anyone outbidding the U.S. should they chose to send economic aid to N. Korea - not an easy thing to do given the relationship between the U.S. and S. Korea, but then what is the alternative - to bomb N. Korea back into the stone age? A delicate situation to be sure, but a workable one. (Ah, for the the good old days of the CIA executing foreign dictators).
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:52 pm

Shortly after my last post, the White House announced it has proposed an offer to North Korea in return for dismantling its nuclear weapons program. Terms of the proposal were not announced and they did say that due the nature of it they do not expect an immediate response.
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:53 pm

stomperrob wrote:Shortly after my last post, the White House announced it has proposed an offer to North Korea in return for dismantling its nuclear weapons program. Terms of the proposal were not announced and they did say that due the nature of it they do not expect an immediate response.

So does that mean that we won't be putting them on a 15 day ultimatum?? :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:57 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:And Kim Jong Il could be intellectually bankrupt, as you said, but he's one crazy man... crazy. He is not a rational actor.

I don't understand why the senior members of the communist party didn't get rid of this nut the second his father died rather than have him take over the party and the country (like the Soviets did when they executed Beria the second Stalin died for fear he would attempt a power grab). I mean even if they didn't kill him, strip him of any power or exile him.
Last edited by stomperrob on Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:59 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Shortly after my last post, the White House announced it has proposed an offer to North Korea in return for dismantling its nuclear weapons program. Terms of the proposal were not announced and they did say that due the nature of it they do not expect an immediate response.

So does that mean that we won't be putting them on a 15 day ultimatum?? :-°

I guess the rules are different when the bad guys have nukes!
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wkelly91 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:54 am

Nomar4prez wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Are you saying what I think you're saying?? That Yankee fans and Red Sox fans can agree on something?? 8-o

Damn straight; and this isn't the first time, Lo. Two rational people here.. :-b ;-D

Ok, now that's just crazy talk... :-D

My guess is Yankee fans and Red Sox fans agree on most everything besides baseball.

Look who you elected:

Ted Kennedy :-P
Hillary Clinton :-P
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk