New Keeper Cap League - 2005 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

New Keeper Cap League - 2005

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Keeper Cap League - 2005

Postby JTWood » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:29 pm

Update: Links to league documents posted.
Keeper & Cap Rules
Lineup & Scoring System

I am looking to start up a private league on http://wannabesports.com next year. The administrator of the site will literally design the league to suit and from scratch - no templating is involved. I have particpated in his leagues for four years now, and I cannot give him higher accolades for his quality and attention.

The league would be a keeper league that employs a cap-and-bid system to determine rosters with a draft where necessary. Competition would be weekly, H2H, and points-based - no categorical or roto scoring. Optimally, the league would have fourteen teams divided between two conferences. The cost would be minimal (no more than $40 per person) and will definitely include a cash payout. The site admin even offers a free trophy to private league winners.

As I said, the league will be designed from scratch, so the site admin has insisted on a minimum of two months of advance notification to allow him time to get the league up and running. This is just a preliminary posting to guage interest for such a league.

If you think you would be interested, please let me know via PM.

-JT
Last edited by JTWood on Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:54 pm

Update

Wannabe's admin unleashed the new site format today. It was a virtually seemless transition. If there is any doubt to this gentleman's ability to design a good league from scratch, this should relieve that worry. Check out the site today, and PM me if you would like to help start up a league from scratch next season.

-JT
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kcpj » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:59 am

I would be interested. I love salary keeper leagues. Do you have an e-mail address?
"if we dont heel as a team, we will DIE as individuals", Al Pacino
kcpj
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

League

Postby belfastcubbear » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:47 pm

i would be interested mailto:belfastcubbear@aol.com
belfastcubbear
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JTWood » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:35 pm

Slowly, but surely, we are building up a league to start next year. We have 5 teams now, with the goal of 14 - although 12 will be sufficient. Next year is a long way off, so if you're interested in a "built from scratch" salary league on a proven site, please PM me your e-mail address.

-JT
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:42 pm

Just another update...

There are now six parties interested in joining this league. I'm not going to hype this thing up like some other owners try to do. Just know that this league will be run by a dedicated fantasy owner (myself) on a site that has been going strong for over a decade (Wannabe.com).

If you are a serious player, this league should be pretty fun. If you would like to show your interest for this league, just shoot me your e-mail via PM.

-JT
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:37 pm

Keeping Things Current

We gained another member and are now up to 7 interested teams. I have sent those 7 people a run down of how the salary cap system will work. If you are unsure of joining and would like more information, I can send you that document if you simply ask for it. Make sure you include you e-mail address so I can send it to you.

Also, I have had more talks with the site admin, and he has yet to find anything about this league that will cause him problems. Once we get to 10 paying members, it is my intention to formally start the process of actually building the league from scratch.

-JT
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JRM4833 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:28 pm

I'd be interested to see what its like. I have one new salary cap style league starting up next year, but would like to see what the site has to offer. BTW, Im in your 16 team 8x8 yahoo league.

mailto:JRM4833@yahoo.com

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby JTWood » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:53 pm

As of now, it appears that the member count has increased to eleven. I sent out requests for confirmations to those who have expressed interest. I will let everyone know how many people have confirmed their interest.

Now that there appears to be enough interested parties, I will begin working on coming up with more precise details regarding the league (schedule, fees, etc). I already have two rough outlines for scoring and the keeper system in a Word document. I will post those to my homepage sometime this week and put up a link so that anyone can download them at their own leisure.

In the meantime, if you would like a copy of those two documents, please send me your e-mail via PM.

Thanks,

Jay
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:39 pm

The final tally of confirmations is eight. I feel this is enough to warrant going forward with the league. I will begin writing up formal details by the end of the month. I would like to get at least 2 more owners in on this league, so if you think you might be interested, please let me know.

I apologize that I forgot to post the current documents to my website (just bought a house - been busy). I will get that done this week.

Jay
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Classifieds