Grand Slam Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Grand Slam Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby smelson » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:37 am

Pshhh bring it on garf....Affordable Menswear's roster is far superior to Center for Ant's..... :-)
smelson
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby smelson » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:55 am

Dice wrote:http://www.csfbl.com/ seems pretty fun. Any advice for me if I try to start a league?

I think that if you just register and join, now they have a rule where you have to wait 30 days before you can create your own team. But you can still recruit a team (take over an existing team whose owner left). I think you can recruit several teams actually.
smelson
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:19 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Here...take a look. Much to my suprise, the page is still up. As far as I know the site is way beyond dead (which is why it suprises me that it's still up and functioning). It went to a pay site about 6 years ago, and then the owner up and left. It was great while it lasted, and was free for a few years. Take the tour, and just look at the format. It brings back such memories. :,-(

http://grandslambaseball.com/

Yeah, I went and checked it out earlier, too. Did you see that one link on the tour that took you to a page of ads? Creepy...

It's was like walking through the Internet's equivalent of a ghost town.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby garf112 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:36 pm

smelson wrote:Pshhh bring it on garf....Affordable Menswear's roster is far superior to Center for Ant's..... :-)

I know. I didn't have the patience in making my new team to wait for a stacked roster. I would like one of your SSs if you are interested in trading, though. I have a sweet first baseman.

The key to making a team is to keep making one and deleting it until you get the most desirable roster. Definitely cater your stadium to the way your team hits and pitches. I've had ridiculous pitching teams and ridiculous hitting teams doing this.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Dice » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:47 pm

smelson wrote:
Dice wrote:http://www.csfbl.com/ seems pretty fun. Any advice for me if I try to start a league?

I think that if you just register and join, now they have a rule where you have to wait 30 days before you can create your own team. But you can still recruit a team (take over an existing team whose owner left). I think you can recruit several teams actually.

I joined, recruited a team, moving pieces around. Figuring things out. It seems like a lot of fun. Do I have to wait 30 days before I'm allowed to post in a forum as well?
Dice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby smelson » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:57 pm

I wouldnt' think you'd have to wait 30 days before posting in the forum, but who knows. Only way to find out is to try it out.
smelson
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers