Grand Slam Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Grand Slam Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Grand Slam Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:21 am

If anyone recognized the title of this post, they know what I'm talking about. Did anyone at this site play this fantasy baseball adaptation a few years back? This was one of the greatest forms of fantasy baseball I ever played, and helped me hone my skills on how I play today.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, it was basically a site where there were fake players that were generated and rated statistically in a number of categories based out of 500 total points. There was a full prospect draft, AAA, AA, A minor league systems for each squad and a full ML team. Competing with real teams in real divisions, each season took 1 real time month and then a champion was crowned for the perspective league. It was free at first, and then went pay where it was great for a few months until the commish mysteriously dissapeared and that was the end of the site.

Ahh, the memories. Anyone know of any sites that sound similar to this, as I'd love to to try one. Also, if anyone here remembers that site and played on it, definitely reply to this thread. Sorry if this is in the "wrong forum" but this does not fit anywhere else, and it is it fits "Fantasy Baseball Talk" to a T. It's just a different type then what is the norm.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:12 am

Since the userbase here has grown immensly since last June, I was wondering if anyone around here played on that site or if I'm still the only one. :-?

It was such an interesting adaptation, and it was sad to see it go. Hopefully someone, anyone, knows what I'm talking about!
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:16 pm

The site has grown even more since March, so I'm still searching for someone...anyone...who knows what I'm talking about. Is anyone out there??? :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby tareed1979 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:22 pm

You might find someone here
tareed1979
College Coach
College Coach

Postby garf112 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:26 pm

Never played that one, but this one is a lot of fun. I think my teams went dormant, but I will have to start it up again now that you brought it up. Just what I needed, something else to waste time with.

http://www.csfbl.com
Last edited by garf112 on Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Trot Nixon » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:40 am

Smallworld.com had something like that but it used real players and made up stats. It was pretty fun, you got to pick where you played, rotation and everything. I'm pretty sure this wasn't what you were looking for but thought I'd throw that out. ;-D
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby smelson » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:58 am

Try this site. I've been in a few leagues and it's pretty fun, and free too.[/url]
smelson
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby garf112 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:54 am

Smelson... I am in your league! Center for Ants is going to shred Affordable Menswear.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:18 am

Here...take a look. Much to my suprise, the page is still up. As far as I know the site is way beyond dead (which is why it suprises me that it's still up and functioning). It went to a pay site about 6 years ago, and then the owner up and left. It was great while it lasted, and was free for a few years. Take the tour, and just look at the format. It brings back such memories. :,-(

http://grandslambaseball.com/
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby Dice » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:36 am

http://www.csfbl.com/ seems pretty fun. Any advice for me if I try to start a league?
Dice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers