Rate, pick apart and advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate, pick apart and advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate, pick apart and advice

Postby Happy Homer » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:42 pm

I'm in a Yahoo head to head 10 player league. Categories that count for offense are walks, runs, hrs, rbis and sb. Categories that count for pitching are era, bb, whip, saves, wins and k's. I'm extremely thin at sb (i only got 1 last week) so I'm attempting to trade for Winn and making room to pick up Crawford. Some mentionable names on fa list are Ibanez, Peavy, W. Williams, Crawford, Payton, Koskie, C. Lee, F. Thomas and Reed. Should i make room for any of these players and if so who do i drop? My RP is very weak and I'm trying to trade so I can upgrade that as well. Thanks for all your suggestions.

C - Brad Ausmus
1B - Todd Helton
2B - Junior Spivey
3B - Troy Glaus
SS - Miguel Tejada
OF - Barry Bonds
OF - Torii Hunter
OF - Pat Burrell
Util - Jeff Bagwell
Util - Brad Fullmer
Bench - Todd Walker
Bench - Vernon Wells
Bench - Shannon Stewart

-----------------------------------------------------

SP - Kerry Wood
SP - Kevin Millwood
SP - Randy Wolf
RP - Scott Williamson
RP - Villafuerte
P - Kevin Brown
p - Kyle Lohse
Bench - Tim Wakefield
Happy Homer
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:46 pm

anyone?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jdh » Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:51 pm

It looks pretty good. Ausmus is fairly solid, although a little weak for a primary catcher in a 10-12 team league. You are absolutely set at first, third and shortstop and have three solid outfielders. Spivey at second is probably the weak link on your team. Also, I would be using either Wells or Stewart as the second utility player if you have to start two because they are stronger than Fullmer, and also Fullmer seems to be on a platoon with Anaheim right now. This has been irritating me so I actually wound up waiving him because I don't like having to worry about whether someone starts or not.

Wood, Millwood and Wolf give you three strong starters and Brown looks like he migth have a good year. Lohse might be a bit scary, and I would replace him with Ted Lilly or Horatio Ramirez if they are on waivers. Williamson and Villafuerte are pretty weak as closers, and I would look into dumping Villafuerte for MacDougal if he is on waivers. You also might want to trade Wakefield for a decent closer.

I would recommend trading either Shannon Stewart or Vernon Wells to get a stronger second baseman than Spivey. One of the Boone's or Alomar would be better.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team