1b Rafael Palmero
2b Todd Walker
ss Edgar Renteria
3b Albert Pujols
of Sammy Sosa
of Shawn Green
of Tim Salmon
of Preston Wilson
of Brad Wilkerson (pick up--hoping for killing in PR)
U Shea Hillenbrand (15RBIS!!!)
U Mo Vaughn
P Randy Johnson
P Mark Prior
P Matt Clement
P Ted Lilly
P Jeff Weaver
P Estaban Loaiza (Just for this week he pitches against Tigers)
P Mike Williams
P Mike McDaugoul
P K. Sasaki
Reserve Xavier Nady
Reserve Danny Baez

What weaknesses do i have (I know speed speed and speed) and how would you guys go about addressing these weaknesses?
help

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

oh yeah

Postby help » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:27 pm

Had Ken Griffey Jr. he resides on the waiver wire now.
help

Postby jdh » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:59 pm

You are solid at 3B, SS and OF. Walker is kind of iffy as a second baseman for a 10 team league. Catcher is probably your weakest position, with Charles Johnson's stock dropping fast and I have never heard of Craig A. Wilson. You have a strong 1-2-3 starting pitching punch with RJ/Clement/Prior and two solid backup pitchers in Weaver and Lilly. Your closers seem a bit risky with Sasaki facing injury problems and MacDougal being unproven.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby theisrealite » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:25 pm

Catcher is weak, although you found a glitch with Wilson.Raffy is solid. Walker is nice depending on were you got him in the draft. Renteria is a nice SS. And Pujols is a stud.

In the outfield you have major horses in Sosa and Green. Wilson will be 30/30 with a .280avg this year. Salmon should really kick in nice for you in the second half. Wilkerson I am not quite sold on.

Green and Wilson should be a decent source of steals. You got nice power in C. Wilson,P.Wilson,Sosa,Green,Salmon, and Mo V. You could be upper third in average too.

Pitching you are looking filthy in the K department.Johnson,300k +.Prior200K+.Clement can quite possibly get 200K+. Lilly can also get in the upper 100's. Wins might not be as good as you think, but your K's,whip, and era are very nice.

Williams is a slightly below a hoss rp. Baez should be off your bench and replacing one of the other guys.

I play fantasy points instead of Roto so its hard to predict what place you will finish up,but you look like you have a good team and should do very good in the pitching stats

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
Causing chaos since 1968.
theisrealite
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

thanks

Postby help » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:12 am

I think Wilson is a steal at catcher with his numbers i agree CJ looks like he has lost his hitting ability. I figure 1 week with 6 starters 1 week with 4 closers so I can pick up the W's i need. Baez was active 1st week had to make choice between him and MacDougal for this week cause i really feel any pitcher can beat Detroit thus picking up Esteban Loaiza.
help

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team