Holland
16%
Sweden
5%
Denmark
5%

Total votes : 19

Postby KULCAT » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:15 pm

jbuk wrote:Hmmm, well, I still don't think the Greeks will win in the semis :-o , though given how good my predictions have been so far, it might be a good idea to put money on them.

France were absolutely terrible, Zidane hardly touched the ball and Henry was marked out of the game except for about 10 mins in the 2nd half.

I'd like whoever wins tonight out of Holland and Sweden to win, both play good a good, attacking style, though it looks like things are clearing themselves nicely for the Czechs to win.

Having seen quite a few of Hollands games prior to the tournament, I don't fancy them that much - I'd have to disagree with Kulcat, Van Nistelrooy is the best finisher in the world at the minute, and Davids is brilliant when he's trying. But Stam isn't a great defender by any means, and Seedorf seems to always be either injured and/or fighting with teammates and the manager.

Well Seedorf is a mental case i agree but he has been the top midfielder for arguably the top club in europe the past 2 years and was nominated for the top 20 Fifa player of the year award. Its a matter of opinion i guess
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KULCAT » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:16 pm

Netherlands wins on penalty shots and now will face Portugal. Im rooting for ths hosts all the way as id like Figo to retire wih at least one major championship(national team wise)
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Super GM » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:39 pm

I wanted Germany to win it, since I live in Germany. Unfortunately the Germans didn't even make it through the first round. I think the Portugese will win it.
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby irishdude103 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:08 pm

Super GM wrote:I wanted Germany to win it, since I live in Germany. Unfortunately the Germans didn't even make it through the first round. I think the Portugese will win it.

yeah i was rooting for Ireland, but they didn't qualify :-? , how does that work out, they made it to the World CUp last time and didn't they beat Germany or lose?
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby irishdude103 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:09 pm

oh yeah, i think Portugal or Holland will win it
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Super GM » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:36 pm

Holland just beat Sweden in a penalty shootout tonight! I can't wait to see the the Chechs play the Danish tomorrow night! The best games of the Euro 2004 so far have been Portgal vs. England (by far the best!), France vs. England (crazy!) and Germany vs. Holland (great game!)

You know why the German girls like to watch soccer? Because of this dude:

His name is Michael Ballack. He's probably Germany's best player. You ask any chick here in Germany about him. And she'll be like: "he's sooooooo cute!!!!!!!! :-D :-P

At least my girlfriend recognizes that I'm better looking than that dude... :-D ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KULCAT » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:11 pm

Super GM wrote:Holland just beat Sweden in a penalty shootout tonight! I can't wait to see the the Chechs play the Danish tomorrow night! The best games of the Euro 2004 so far have been Portgal vs. England (by far the best!), France vs. England (crazy!) and Germany vs. Holland (great game!)

You know why the German girls like to watch soccer? Because of this dude:

His name is Michael Ballack. He's probably Germany's best player. You ask any chick here in Germany about him. And she'll be like: "he's sooooooo cute!!!!!!!! :-D :-P

At least my girlfriend recognizes that I'm better looking than that dude... :-D ;-D

I know how you feel and ihave to compare myself with frigging beckam!!! Well at least i saw him suck big time in the euro!!!. It made me belly feel jolly :-D
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby KULCAT » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:56 pm

So Czech Republic beats the livinh hell out of denmark. In reality a corner goal and 2 quick counterstrkes that show just how efficient the Czecks are when it comes to scoring. I still think their Defence will hurt them later on although they should beat Greece. I think the champion of the tournament comes out of the other semifianl between Holland and Portugal. As the Dutch showed in their last match they can be beaten by teams who press them. So go Portugal!!!
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby KULCAT » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:02 pm

Portugal defeats Holland 2-1. The played a little bit better but comitted less mistakes. Holand couldve won it. Im glad Portugal is the final cause i picked them to win. Now they must the Greece-Czeck republic winner
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby LBJackal » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:09 pm

Well they made one mistake............Andrade kicking the ball into his own net :-o

Thank God it didn't have an effect on the outcome. I win a case of beer from my boss if Portugal can beat CR/Greece......... PORRRRRRRR-TOOOGALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk