This means war! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

This means war!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BoSox4life » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:09 am

Does Boondock Saints count? ;-) There are a lot of guns and blood and stuff :-D God I love that movie.
All I want out of life, is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
--Ted Williams
BoSox4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:46 am

irishdude103 wrote:wait, what is that one movie about a boy and his father going to a concentration camp back in the early 1900's and the little boy escapes but his father gets shot-- i think it is american summin

Do you mean Life is Beautiful? That was a pretty good movie, but another one like Pearl Harbour that was more of a drama and not a lot about war. It was set in the early to mid-40's (WWII obviously) if that's the one you're talking about.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:54 am

catch-22 ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)

Postby ironman » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:41 am

Does Predator count? ;-)

And when is Carl Weathers gonna run for governor somewhere to further prove my "Cast of Predator for Governor" theory?
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:00 am

Apocalypse Now is my all time fav. war movie - followed closely by Full Metal Jacket.

Can Dead Presidents count as a war movie? that was pretty good too.

The alltime worst war movie? Gotta be Glory with Sylvester Stallone as an American playing a soccer goalie in a prisoner camp. 8-o :-/
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ironman » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:23 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Apocalypse Now is my all time fav. war movie - followed closely by Full Metal Jacket.

The alltime worst war movie? Gotta be Glory with Sylvester Stallone as an American playing a soccer goalie in a prisoner camp. 8-o :-/

I think you mean "Victory". "Glory" is the movie about an all-black regiment in the Civil War, starring Matthew Broderick, Morgan Freeman, and Denzel Washington. Denzel won an Oscar for his performance.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby Tavish » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:51 pm

ironman wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Apocalypse Now is my all time fav. war movie - followed closely by Full Metal Jacket.

I think you mean "Victory". "Glory" is the movie about an all-black regiment in the Civil War, starring Matthew Broderick, Morgan Freeman, and Denzel Washington. Denzel won an Oscar for his performance.

Hmm Broderick, Freeman, Washington... I feel like signing the Sesame Street song "One of these things are doing their own thing" which one just doesn't seem to belong? }:-) Glory was a pretty good movie, and I think Rambo was the only war movie I saw Sly in.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby irishdude103 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:17 pm

LBJackal wrote:
irishdude103 wrote:wait, what is that one movie about a boy and his father going to a concentration camp back in the early 1900's and the little boy escapes but his father gets shot-- i think it is american summin

Do you mean Life is Beautiful? That was a pretty good movie, but another one like Pearl Harbour that was more of a drama and not a lot about war. It was set in the early to mid-40's (WWII obviously) if that's the one you're talking about.

maybe, it was were i think the dad was a jew and the mom was somewhat well off and they take the kid and the dad off, but not the mom, i think you are right though
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wkelly91 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:04 pm

Tavish wrote:Hmm Broderick, Freeman, Washington... I feel like signing the Sesame Street song "One of these things are doing their own thing" which one just doesn't seem to belong? }:-)

Did anyone else think Brodericks accent sucked in that movie? :-P
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Melo255 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:29 am

The Great Escape is IMO the greatest movie of all time.
Also...I've kept my sig the same for about a month now to spread the word on 'No Man's Land' one of the best movies I have ever seen and one that makes me stop and think at random times even now over a year after I first saw it. 'No Mans Land' is a Serbian film about a Bosnian soldier and Serbian soldier who are stuck in the same trench together between their armies. Neither can leave because the opposing army will shoot them down so they are stuck for a few days together in that trench. The whole time they are growing closer to one another but at the same time constantly are wary of the other and looking for a way to attack the other. I won't kill the story but I will warn that it is in subtitles for those of you who just caaaaaaaaaan't deal with that. It has a lot of action but also a lot of...downtime that is more cerebral than anything else. Anyway I hope some of you read this and just give it a chance. Trust me you won't be sorry you did.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk