Heartbreak! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Heartbreak!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Heartbreak!

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:01 am

I just wanted to share my heartache with everyone real quick. Maybe someone else can tell me that they feel my pain.

I play in a H2H, points league. My team, which started 2-3, had been picking up steam to the tune of a 5-game winning streak. My opponent was the first-place team in my conference. A win would have tied me for first with him, but I would have moved into first place on tiebreakers.

I thought I had a good chance at the beginning of the week. I had Pedro, Zito, & Milton all pitching twice this week, and he accidentally started Laynce Nix. However, my team got out of the gate slow, particularly hampered by the fact that Frank Thomas just wasn't getting much playing time this week. I was losing by about 20 points (approx. 110 to 90) on Friday night, but all of that was about to change.

I woke up on Saturday morning to see that my team had gone insane the night before to the tune of about 70 points - nearly doubling my score in just one night. My opponent was not so lucky, and I entered the weekend with a 20+ point lead. But in a comeback that would have befitted the Cardinals this week, my team proceeded to collapse over the weekend literally giving away the whole week. The highlight of the collapse was a Sunday that included a loss for Zito and a blown save for Francisco Cordero.

The final tally? I entered the weekend with 155 points. I ended the weekend with 155 points. I ended up losing 168 - 155. Instead of being in first place on tie breakers, I am now in forth place in a very, very tight conference. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper right now.

Anyone else have a story like this? Please tell me I'm not the one...
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Deafeddie » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:31 am

I think I have that beat. I was winning after Monday by a score of 100-5. After watching my lead slowly erode over the week I ended up losing by a final of

to

this effectively ends my season in my H2H. Arod's 3 k's last night killed me in the end. If he had just struckout once I would have won.
Deafeddie
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:33 am

Deafeddie wrote:I think I have that beat. I was winning after Monday by a score of 100-5. After watching my lead slowly erode over the week I ended up losing by a final of

to

this effectively ends my season in my H2H. Arod's 3 k's last night killed me in the end. If he had just struckout once I would have won.

Ouch... :-/

How do you get the fractions of a point?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby rich101682 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:36 am

By having players that don't run hard on groundouts.

;-D
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:01 pm

Judging by the lack of responses, Eddie and I must be the only two with truly bad luck this week.

It's ok, Eddie. If we ever run into each other out there in the real world, I'll buy the first round.

!+)
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers