Scott Hairston - Alomar Back - What to do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Scott Hairston - Alomar Back - What to do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Scott Hairston - Alomar Back - What to do?

Postby kcs261 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:35 pm

Anybody have any info regarding Scott Hairston's playing time with Alomar back? I've been riding him with M. Giles out and have been quite happy. But do I leave him in my lineup this week?
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:33 pm

Definitely leave Hairston in the lineup. Can't see how 'Zona will sit him while he's hitting like this.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby LBJackal » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:58 am

Chad Tracy has been struggling, maybe they'd bench him :-? Possibly move Hairston to SS, Cintron to 3B, and Tracy to the bench. Or just bench Cintron and move Hairston to SS. Or Hairston could play RF and Bautista could ride the pine. Either way, I think they want Hairston in the majors so he's ready for full time 2B duty next season. Or they could trade Alomar to a contender who thinks he's still good. Perhaps the Yankees :-?

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:01 am

you're right, i think they will trade alomar. But they are gonna have to give him some playing time to show other teams he still has value. I think hairston's time is gonna be scattered now.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bell » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:11 am

Arizona Republic wrote:Rumors have swirled that the team might trade Alomar upon his return or perhaps release him, but General Manager Joe Garagiola Jr. denied them.

"I have no plans to do that," he said. "Obviously, as with any player, if somebody approached me with something that made sense, you'd think about it, but I'm not going to release him."

From what I've gathered Alomar will get the starting job back for now. Releasing him isn't out of the question (Matt Williams anyone?). Hairston could see some time in the OF. I don't know about third because Brenly seems content with letting Tracy adjust, along with giving Olson time at third and short. Not to mention defense was the reason Hairston was going to be moved to the outfield before he was called up.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:01 am

bell wrote:
Arizona Republic wrote:Rumors have swirled that the team might trade Alomar upon his return or perhaps release him, but General Manager Joe Garagiola Jr. denied them.

"I have no plans to do that," he said. "Obviously, as with any player, if somebody approached me with something that made sense, you'd think about it, but I'm not going to release him."

From what I've gathered Alomar will get the starting job back for now. Releasing him isn't out of the question (Matt Williams anyone?). Hairston could see some time in the OF. I don't know about third because Brenly seems content with letting Tracy adjust, along with giving Olson time at third and short. Not to mention defense was the reason Hairston was going to be moved to the outfield before he was called up.

thanks bell ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Return to Baseball Leftovers