Hey, I went to the game on Sunday! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Hey, I went to the game on Sunday!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hey, I went to the game on Sunday!

Postby AntLive » Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:11 pm

Froze my tookas off! What a blast from Tony. The crowd was cheering his name! When Timo made the Sac. they cheered him too. I think most of them want to see him as the everyday CF. Then our boy Benitez comes in. You would think he would get Vladdy out. But no. Why him. Let's get the more unknown player to beat us. I have to admit it was a 96 MPH fastball he hit. I guess Benitez put it over the plate for him to swing at. This is like the 3rd live game Ive seen him blow a save in. Howe says he'll put Benitez in that situation all year long. Can't blame him. Benitez is usually solid during the year. Maybe it's the cold weather? I think every blown save I've seen live has been in cold weather. April, September, and October. Any thoughts on this? Does anyone know his blown save breakdown per month?
AntLive
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:39 pm

I asked this question in another thread but I will put it out there again. Benitez is off to a decent start this year so my question is will he blow up as he did last year or will he be reliable for the rest of the year?

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Hey, I went to the game on Sunday!

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:29 pm

AntLive wrote: Does anyone know his blown save breakdown per month?

i dont know, will have to look in to that...maybe tavish can help us on that, but it seems to be awful come september and october
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to New York Mets