Thome Owners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thome Owners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:37 am

Ender wrote:I just can't fathom a league where Thome went in the 2nd round... must be nice to be in such a league full of newbs.
I can understand Thome falling into the first picks of the second round or if the league is just very small maybe making it into the late 2nd. He was/is the third best fantasy 1B in the draft. In a midseason league he probably made the leap over Helton. He averages 25th in CBS leagues, that changed my opinion the most of the newbs seem to play Yahoo (that and there are 4 pitchers in the top 10).

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:38 am

Ender wrote:I just can't fathom a league where Thome went in the 2nd round... must be nice to be in such a league full of newbs.

I nabbed him with the 33rd pick (3rd round in a 14 team expert league) because how soon we forget about thome's broken finger and two other sprain finger's which scared many serious owners. Regardless, that, David Ortiz in the 11th round, and Sean Burroughs as my last pick to back up Chavez just in case, were my steals of the draft a few months back.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kaz » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:56 am

I took Thome with the lsecond to last pick in the first round, I had 2nd overall.
"They invented the All-Star Game for Willie Mays." -Ted Williams
kaz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ccodyman » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:04 am

46 pick in my draft of 12 people. I have no idea how he slipped since most of the people in my legue are into fantasy baseball
Cincinnati Reds will work thier magic. Just you wait, just you wait......
Ccodyman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ccodyman » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:05 am

46 pick in my draft of 12 people. I have no idea how he slipped since most of the people in my legue are into fantasy baseball
Cincinnati Reds will work thier magic. Just you wait, just you wait......
Ccodyman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LBJackal » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:08 am

I was mocked for trading Thome (who I got late in the third round) for Jason Schmidt before the season started. With the way Thome has been playing it's amazing that the trade still benefits me. :-D

But why is Schmidt still being thrown out there for too long? I thought after "144" it wouldn't happen again. He was back to normal, staying around 110-120. Alas, he threw 133 tonight, but only one of them was turned into a hit. Pretty amazing.............

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Tis » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:37 am

I traded away V. Wells for Thome first week of the season (assorted smaller ones thrown in)

yay.
Tis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:40 am

You must be shortsighted then and also attempting to be agitative (since you had know idea of league details). I selected him 24th overall. I'm not sure why you would suggest it was a league of "newbs" since in retrospect the choice seems rather wise.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Thome Owners

Postby The Jury » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:30 am

TheAbreu wrote:How thrilled are you with Thome's production this year? Amazingly Thrilled, Astoundingly Thrilled, Or Beyond Thrilled? I'm going with Beyond Thrilled. He's producing beyond even his norm.

I'm neither up nor down on his performance thus far - he's just a guy who you leave in your lineup and the totals are there every Sunday. I took Soriano before him, but Thome really isn't getting credit for his yearly monstrous fantasy totals.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers