Trade Etiquette - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Etiquette

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Etiquette

Postby isis » Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:51 pm

The Commish in my league has a pending trade with another member. He gets Clemens for Kip Wells and Jose Cruz. I think this is lopsided. I am thinking about protesting. But don't want to make waves. I am currently 8th. The Commish is 3rd and needs pitching. The guy giving up Clemens is 10th and traded RJ for Clemens earlier in the season. I really don't need Clemens as I am in desperate need for offense. Should I reject or make an offer for Clemens. I figure Bernie and Woody Williams sound like a better offer than Cruz/Wells.

Feedback appreciated.
isis
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tallmike » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:16 am

These are always problematic. Not sure I think that either offer is bad for Clemons. I am not a Clemons fan and he's not having a great year. Your offer for Clemons may be a bit better but it depends on keepers and those sorts of considerations. Cruz will kill a BA but should steal more bases. Wells plays for a bad team and doesn't have the WHIP or era of williams but I like his upside better and purely on personal preference would take the wells and Cruz trade.

Don't get lured into a spite trade if you need the offence. This is subjective and I have to say that trade is not ridiculous. One guy's opinion.
tallmike

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Arlo » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:11 pm

If the deal is already pending, you probably don't have the option to make a counteroffer anyway, so your only option would be to protest. I don't think I'd protest this one (as tallmike says, it's not ridiculous) unless the commish was taking unfair advantage of a newbie to fantasy baseball. Otherwise, I wouldn't protest formally, but you may wish to ask either team for their reasoning here, and remind the commish that he or she should be even more careful than the other owners when making trades that might appear lopsided. That way, you wouldn't make unnecessary waves now, but perhaps improve your league in the future.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I'm always extremely hesitant to formally protest or veto deals unless there's something truly shady going on; if your league has other standards, this may not apply.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby isis » Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:36 pm

Thanks guys.
isis
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers