Best Baseball Moment - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Best Baseball Moment

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best Baseball Moment

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:41 am

I was wondering what everyones favorite all time baseball moment is. Being pretty young, I've only had so many years to enjoy baseball. However if I had to pick one, it would either be seeing McGwire hitting 62, or this one time I went to a Cards game with my dad, and some guy gave us a free tickets cause he had to leave. Best seats I ever sat in. I was only 6 or 7 at the time. My dad was holding me when the cheerleaders came out with the tshirt slingshots. My dad leaned forward and snagged one, dropping me to the ground in the process. It was still a speical game. And he gave me the tshirt.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:16 am

For me it would be Fransisco Cabrera getting the base hit that drove Sid Bream in for the Braves with 2 out in the bottom of the ninth to advance them to the World Series. And after the game watching Bonds sit in the outfield and cry. Well maybe not cry but he sure looked sad. I loved it. ;-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby wkelly91 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:37 am

kentx12 wrote:For me it would be Fransisco Cabrera getting the base hit that drove Sid Bream in for the Braves with 2 out in the bottom of the ninth to advance them to the World Series. And after the game watching Bonds sit in the outfield and cry. Well maybe not cry but he sure looked sad. I loved it. ;-D

I will double that one Kentx ;-D

It was probably the most magical baseball time for me ever. My college professors would let us out early to watch games. Everyone wanted to talk about the Braves. Tomahawks were everywhere. I was in a Rich's distributuion center and they had a giant tomahawk hooked up to a conveyer float which went all over the distribution center chopping ;-D

I miss those days :,-( I was at a Braves game last week with 25,000 listless fans :~(
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:18 am

The best moment I've ever seen on TV was last year in Game 7 of the ALCS when the Yankees mounted that great comeback and Boone capped it off with the walkoff homer.

I haven't been around long enough to see many other great moments but there's a few that I've seen and heard enough about to say they were great:

Ball going through Bill Buckner's legs ;-D

jk sox fans :-D

Kirk Gibson's walkoff homer must have really been something for the people watching it.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wkelly91 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:47 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:Kirk Gibson's walkoff homer must have really been something for the people watching it.

That was a great one ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:50 pm

kentx12 wrote:For me it would be Fransisco Cabrera getting the base hit that drove Sid Bream in for the Braves with 2 out in the bottom of the ninth to advance them to the World Series. And after the game watching Bonds sit in the outfield and cry. Well maybe not cry but he sure looked sad. I loved it. ;-D

What a coicidence, my favourite memory is from the same post-season :-D Otis Nixon of none other than the Braves, trying to bunt on base with 2 outs in the 9th inning of the deciding game of the World Series and being thrown out by Joe Carter. ;-D

Carter's HR off of Wild Thing Mitch Williams over Pete Incaviglia's head is definately up there, but the first one is always sweeter.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:44 pm

Definitely Kirk Gibson limping around the bases after hitting that winning home run for the Dodgers in the World Series!
;-D ;-D ;-D
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nomar4prez » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:19 pm

For me, it was the Sox coming back to beat the A's last season. I've watched baseball for my whole life, but I never really WATCHED it until a few years ago. McGwire hitting 62 was pretty special too. I think it was hard to not get emotional during his post-game talk.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tavish » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:26 pm

The Pine-Tar Bat. The most surreal thing I have ever seen in any sport.

The Clemens v. Piazza bat toss incident is a close second. I watched it, completely unsure if what I saw had actually happened. The whole meeting had been built up so big and to actually have something happen was just crazy.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:48 pm

To me it will always be that last out of the 86 series. The Mets had lost and -God Bless em - came back from oblivion. Orosco's glove thrown in the air. Oh, that's a nice memory. Thanks for reminding me.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk