prior for castillo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

prior for castillo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

prior for castillo?

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:54 pm

i am thinking of maybe trading prior for castillo. my team lacks speed and i would like to upgrade from bret boone (im tired of waiting for him to "heat up") i have a solid rotation. is it a good idea?

heres my team:yahoo h2h 8 team non-keeper
Here's my roster now:
8 team H2H league
Batters:
c - piazza
1b - helton
2b - bret boone
3b - glaus
ss - tejada
of - andruw jones, manny, beltran, pujols
util - thome
util - jaun gone
bench - rollins
bench - dave roberts
dl - nevin

Pitchers:
sp - schilling, pedro, zito, glavine, prior, padilla
rp - hoffman, nen, mesa
bench - ramon ortiz, eric milton, wade miller
terpfan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:54 am

I'm certainly a believer in Prior, but I still like the idea of this trade unless this is one of those h2h leagues where starting pitching rules the day and everything else is just details.

It might be easier if you add Boone and a pitcher from the other team to the deal, but that's a minor detail. If you can get this done, your speed deficit will be a thing of the past. The price is high, but I think it'll be worth it. Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:59 am

the guy with castillo just traded him to another team (sheesh no patience) so now i will try to work things out with him... ill keep you posted.
terpfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:20 pm

Ouch - it's always annoying when that happens. :-[

Who was Castillo traded for?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:33 pm

lowell and castillo for
edmonds and matt morris

it hurts even more knowing what a great deal he got :~(
well the guy he traded castillo to is now totally depleted at pitching (i still cant believe he made that trade, morris was his only good pitcher!) so maybe i can start there...

btw this league is not dominated by pitching. we have a strange scoring system that favors batters. (6 hitting categories - hits, runs, average, steals, homers, and rbi; 4 pitching categories - wins, saves, era, k's) its a stupid system but it wasnt my idea. anyway how much value do u think that takes from pitchers?
terpfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:58 pm

Well, I'm not opposed to skewed scoring systems on principle (maybe this one was installed with the specific purpose of downgrading pitchers), but it can be pretty hard to make them work. What I'm not that big a fan of is having several categories more or less duplicate one stat, such as hits and average. It might have been more interesting to add walks in some form, but that's just my own taste. Anyway, this scoring seriously detracts from the value of (starting) pitchers, but I think you'll find that the true aces still retain their value thanks to the h2h format. It's something different, at any rate, which can often be fun even if it isn't your dream scoring.

I'd try offering the same trade again. Point out that the other side needs an ace to replace Morris, offer Prior, and see what happens...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby terpfan » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:03 pm

just wondering... who do u think is better andruw jones or troy glaus? andruw started well but is cooling off and i dont know what glaus's problem is... im tryin to trade one or both of them to raise my average. which would u rather have (for the whole season not just right now)
terpfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:26 pm

Taking positional scarcity into account, I'd prefer Glaus. If position doesn't matter, give the edge to Jones.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers