Cliff Lee - 6 game suspension - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cliff Lee - 6 game suspension

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cliff Lee - 6 game suspension

Postby DaQ » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:35 pm

Amazinz wrote:
DaQ wrote:I can bring in Brett Myers who faces the powerful Expos offense ;-D

Hey the Expos have been on fire lately. }:-)

From my point of view as a Mets fan (you are probably one too), they're still the Expos :-b . This will create a good situation - Lee took Myers job in my rotation in late April - Myers can get some more PT with a good outing here.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:40 pm

He'll probably drop the appeal now that his 2 year old son may have given him the chickenpox. No wonder he was dropped in one of my league's.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jbones733 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:09 pm

still wouldnt drop him, hell miss a start, thats alright, im glad he threw at Griffey, i like gus w alil fire on my team, get well Cliff
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:20 am

Longhorns76 wrote:
And maybe if Griffey weren't such an arrogant guy by staring at every flyball and admiring his work he would get some more respect.

I kinda like it actually. Hell, if a pitcher can eyeball you after he strikes you out or pump his fist, which is a way of admiring your work and being pleased about that.. you certainly have the right to admire your work when you jack a HR off that same guy who would admire his work if he had gotten you out. Plus, I think it's what makes his whole swing one of the sweetest swings in baseball.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StlSluggers » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:30 am

Lofunzo wrote:Ankiel could have thrown a pitch closer to the strike zone.

:-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby bryan1327 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:49 am

Posted on Sun, Jun. 20, 2004

Tribe's Lee suspended for six games, appeals...

Cliff Lee has been suspended for six games for throwing at Ken Griffey Jr.'s head in the fourth inning of the Indians' 10-8 win over Cincinnati June 13 at Jacobs Field.

He has already filed for an appeal, which means he won't miss his next start, Wednesday night in Chicago against the White Sox.

The suspension is designed to force Lee to miss one start. The appeals process works one of two ways: Lee probably can wait until the Tribe's next trip to New York, Aug. 31-Sept. 2, to have his case heard at the offices of Major League Baseball or he can request that Bob DuPuy, president and chief operating officer, travel to Cleveland or elsewhere to hear the appeal earlier.

Manager Eric Wedge has doubts that Lee threw at Griffey intentionally.

``Cliff had a dead arm that day,'' he said. ``He was all over the place with his fastball. But the timing was not great.''

Griffey homered off Lee in the at-bat before the pitcher buzzed a fastball behind his head.

This is what our local paper..Akron Beacon Journal..wrote about it...and if you did see that game..as I watched it, and also being a Lee fantasy owner..he was all over the place with his fast ball and looked not like himself at all..Personally , I will more or likely get ripped on for this but, I think Lee was trying to throw inside, where the catcher was set up...and this one got away from him..Just my thoughts on it..
bryan1327
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: at home listening to hair metal...scouring the internet for baseball stuff

Postby ramble2 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:39 am

perlick29 wrote:He'll probably drop the appeal now that his 2 year old son may have given him the chickenpox. No wonder he was dropped in one of my league's.

Does your league conclude in three weeks? Why would anyone drop him because he's going to miss one start and got sick? I'd grab him, if I were you. Lee's been an effective starter this year, and is really focusing on not walking people.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:57 pm

ramble2 wrote:
perlick29 wrote:He'll probably drop the appeal now that his 2 year old son may have given him the chickenpox. No wonder he was dropped in one of my league's.

Does your league conclude in three weeks? Why would anyone drop him because he's going to miss one start and got sick? I'd grab him, if I were you. Lee's been an effective starter this year, and is really focusing on not walking people.

That was a joke that I made, because I couldn't figure out why he was dropped in my 14 team expert league either but the guy who dropped him has a notorious reputation for dropping guys just before they either stink or get hurt. I don't think it will happen here so I was just being fecicious. (Is that even close to the right spelling?) :-D
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:06 am

StlSluggers wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Ankiel could have thrown a pitch closer to the strike zone.

:-b

Haha, ouch Lofunzo, that one stung.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers