Cliff Lee - 6 game suspension - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cliff Lee - 6 game suspension

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cliff Lee - 6 game suspension

Postby DaQ » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:17 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1824879

Cliff Lee is suspended for six games for throwing at Griffey! What's up w/ that (six games)? Do you think the suspension will start immediately? I know Lee appealed it, but...

...I can bring in Brett Myers who faces the powerful Expos offense ;-D and pray Lee doesn't miss his next start (he has to sit a week if I bench him)
Last edited by DaQ on Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Longhorns76 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:20 pm

Basically it is to assure that he will miss his next scheduled start. Its not such a big deal, he could use a few days off and to reduce my total innings a little.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JuiceMonkey » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:26 pm

Not to mention he deserves it.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Frank Sinatra
JuiceMonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Postby matmat » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:38 pm

errr... 6 days.... I guess you get an extra day for throwing at a superstar...

bullcrap. maybe if griffey weren't hanging over the plate so much pitchers wouldn't feel inclined to throw inside.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby godallahstar » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:05 pm

it makes no difference wether he's suspended for 5 or 6.
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Longhorns76 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:06 pm

matmat wrote:errr... 6 days.... I guess you get an extra day for throwing at a superstar...

bullcrap. maybe if griffey weren't hanging over the plate so much pitchers wouldn't feel inclined to throw inside.

And maybe if Griffey weren't such an arrogant guy by staring at every flyball and admiring his work he would get some more respect.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JuiceMonkey » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:37 pm

And that pitch wasnt just "inside", it was directly behind his head. I have no problem pitching inside to anyone, especially if they admire everything like Griffey and Manny, but that was uncalled for by Lee.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Frank Sinatra
JuiceMonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Cliff Lee - 6 game suspension

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:55 pm

DaQ wrote:...I can bring in Brett Myers who faces the powerful Expos offense ;-D and pray Lee doesn't miss his next start (he has to sit a week if I bench him)

I'd rather have Myers than Lee anyway...
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:22 pm

It doesn't matter if it's 5 games or 9 games. If he plays his cards right, he is only missing 1 start. Plenty fair enough if you ask me. You miss inside, that's 1 thing. You miss behind the player's back near his head, there is intent. Ankiel could have thrown a pitch closer to the strike zone.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Re: Cliff Lee - 6 game suspension

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:23 pm

DaQ wrote:I can bring in Brett Myers who faces the powerful Expos offense ;-D

Hey the Expos have been on fire lately. }:-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers