who here thinks that poly-ticks sucks ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

who here thinks that poly-ticks sucks ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

who here thinks that poly-ticks sucks ?

Postby thetongueofire » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:25 pm

.. i do.. i think all of politics is pretty cheap.... i mean in the election campaigns, they make promises they cant fulfil and they try to malign their opponent... they try to twist facts cos a lot of us dont even have the background to objectively look at them see their plans for what they are. i just dont see what the freakin point is ??? also every single politician reads from like a script written by some really smart person... shouldnt they be intelligent enough to speak for themselves ???

im onlyin HS so i might not be "mature enough" ;-7 .. but i dont get what people see in politics and politicians.. :-P

PS. all the conservative-liberal blaming the other party stuff here is also getting old and boring.. sorry, just had to get that out :-)
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby matmat » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:38 pm

this belongs in the venting forum :-D O:-) :-D

yeah
the debates can go on forever and noone will change anyone's mind.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:18 pm

Ya, politics def. sucks. Waste of time. I'd rather spend my time watching grass grow than debate anything political.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wkelly91 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:34 pm

I don't think it is a waste of time. And contrary to what some people have said on this board, people do change thier minds about issues.

Discussing politics helps you to make informed decisions about parties, politicians, and beliefs. This in turn will help you vote and as an informed voter you will find representation that most closely resembles your beliefs.

If you don't educate yourself and become involved in the process then someone will vote in your place, and you might possibly end up being represented by someone with beliefs apposed to yours.

I do not encourage disenfranchised voters to just pull a lever. If you arn't educated, don't vote.

Think about it...how many people there are out there who disagree with Bush and his policies who didn't vote. If only a small portion of those voters had become involved history could have been re-written.

If you don't like the debate fine, but take the time to find out what it's all about and then vote your convictions ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:26 am

wkelly91 wrote:I don't think it is a waste of time. And contrary to what some people have said on this board, people do change thier minds about issues.

Discussing politics helps you to make informed decisions about parties, politicians, and beliefs. This in turn will help you vote and as an informed voter you will find representation that most closely resembles your beliefs.

If you don't educate yourself and become involved in the process then someone will vote in your place, and you might possibly end up being represented by someone with beliefs apposed to yours.

I do not encourage disenfranchised voters to just pull a lever. If you arn't educated, don't vote.

Think about it...how many people there are out there who disagree with Bush and his policies who didn't vote. If only a small portion of those voters had become involved history could have been re-written.

If you don't like the debate fine, but take the time to find out what it's all about and then vote your convictions ;-D

woah, wkelly, i completely agree with you....

never thought id type this
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:31 pm

To me, politics brings out the worst in people. I have never known an honest politician, and I doubt I ever will. There is so much backstabbing, and digging for dirt on the other parties candidates. People don't care how much the information will hurt that person's reputation as long as it brings him down in the the final vote. :-t :-P :,-(
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KULCAT » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:29 pm

When parties become more important than principle its when you know this guys are not worth your time. I dont believe any of them. If they are not lying then that means a group of people have joined a party that is ALWAYS wrong. I mean that means several millions of people who are never right about anything. And on the flip side millions of people who never make mistakes. Is just ridiculous. They just argue for the sake of it.
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:10 pm

Like the saying goes, you get the kind of government you deserve. People complain all the time about the government and most won't even take the time to vote. Hell, most don't even understand the issues or where each polictician stands on the issues. And there's more you can do than just vote - get off your butt and get actively in politics - over the years I've been involved in politics on both the provincial and federal level and yes you can influence policy working on the inside - but there's the key word, work, which most people don't want to do because it's easier to just sit at home and complain about the job everyone else is doing.
So as the saying goes, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:45 pm

Politics really do suck. :-t
Flockers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert