Why the hell does Posada get so many days off? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why the hell does Posada get so many days off?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Quaker » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:39 pm

Smizzy wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
Smizzy wrote:You can keep you're smart ass comments for the kids back in your Jr.High

Although the kids in my Jr. High enjoy my smart-ass comments immensely, I prefer saving them for trolls. In a perfect world Piazza could throw runners out and Jeter could field. }:-)

Ummmm....Jeter can field ,slick.

Jeter can field, but he's nothing special. 0 GG, and a career fielding percentage right at the league average for SS during that time, and a range factor about 10% less than the league average for SS during the span of his career.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:47 pm

Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:47 pm

Quaker wrote:
Smizzy wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
Smizzy wrote:You can keep you're smart ass comments for the kids back in your Jr.High

Although the kids in my Jr. High enjoy my smart-ass comments immensely, I prefer saving them for trolls. In a perfect world Piazza could throw runners out and Jeter could field. }:-)

Ummmm....Jeter can field ,slick.

Jeter can field, but he's nothing special. 0 GG, and a career fielding percentage right at the league average for SS during that time, and a range factor about 10% less than the league average for SS during the span of his career.

I'm not planning on getting involved in this argument but Jeter is much more solid in the field than Piazza. Jeter on the defensive side of the ball is still lightyear's ahead of Piazza.

I'm done now. :-)
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:48 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:I'm not planning on getting involved in this argument but Jeter is much more solid in the field than Piazza. Jeter on the defensive side of the ball is still lightyear's ahead of Piazza.

Well Piazza ranks above average when compared to his peers. Jeter does not.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Quaker » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:50 pm

Piazza is not actually bad in the field, he just can't throw. Piazza is right around the league average for catchers in his career, but his range factor is 10% better than the league average.

I haven't watched many Dodgers or Mets games, though, so I have no clue how he calls a game.
Last edited by Quaker on Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:50 pm

Amazinz wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:I'm not planning on getting involved in this argument but Jeter is much more solid in the field than Piazza. Jeter on the defensive side of the ball is still lightyear's ahead of Piazza.

Well Piazza ranks above average when compared to his peers. Jeter does not.

Piazza is hideous in the field. He's a great hitter but one of the worst catcher's I have ever seen.

I once saw him hit the pitcher attempting to throw somebody out at 2nd base. And YES....the pitcher ducked down.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:55 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:Piazza is hideous in the field. He's a great hitter but one of the worst catcher's I have ever seen.

This just isn't true. Statistically Piazza is a good, above-average defensive catcher not on par with Pudge but not as bad as you make it sound. Not to mention he calls one hell of a game.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:58 pm

Quaker wrote:Piazza is not actually bad in the field, he just can't throw. Piazza is right around the league average for catchers in his career, but his range factor is 10% better than the league average.

I haven't watched many Dodgers or Mets games, though, so I have no clue how he calls a game.

Range factor? RANGE FACTOR?

Yeah those catchers are always on the move, diving around for balls and what not. %-6

Tell me exactly how much RANGE does a catcher need? His arm is basically his defense. And his arm SUCKS.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Quaker » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:00 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
Quaker wrote:Piazza is not actually bad in the field, he just can't throw. Piazza is right around the league average for catchers in his career, but his range factor is 10% better than the league average.

Range factor? RANGE FACTOR?

Yeah those catchers are always on the move, diving around for balls and what not. %-6

Tell me exactly how much RANGE does a catcher need? His arm is basically his defense. And his arm SUCKS.

Range factor includes put outs and assists. If that isn't part of defense, then I don't know what is.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:06 pm

You can't argue with Mess fans....they have no clue.

Piazza is such an above average catcher.....he's playing 1st :-t

Please....save the stroy telling for the kids at bedtime.
"Clutch does exist, I've got one in my car"--BobbyRoberto
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers