Why the hell does Posada get so many days off? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why the hell does Posada get so many days off?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:45 am

DK wrote:Oh, relax. Was that second comment referring to his sexuality? He's NOT gay, that was created by the media... Come on, grow up.

I couldn't care less if he was anyway, he's the best hitting C of all time. Posada doesn't hold a candle.

To even call the guy a catcher is a joke....Fact is if he was in the AL....he would be a has been...Another DH with no shot at the HOF..but because he has been lucky enough to play his career in the NL ,well you know the rest.

Piazza couldn't hold Fisks jockstrap.
"Clutch does exist, I've got one in my car"--BobbyRoberto
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DK » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:42 am

Smizzy wrote:
DK wrote:Oh, relax. Was that second comment referring to his sexuality? He's NOT gay, that was created by the media... Come on, grow up.

I couldn't care less if he was anyway, he's the best hitting C of all time. Posada doesn't hold a candle.

To even call the guy a catcher is a joke....Fact is if he was in the AL....he would be a has been...Another DH with no shot at the HOF..but because he has been lucky enough to play his career in the NL ,well you know the rest.

Oh, well, your statement MUST be true, because it's a hypothetical situation that didn't happen.

Piazza couldn't hold Fisk's jockstrap? Well, there's a damning piece of evidence. You've completely converted me with the proof that you've shown.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:49 am

The New York Times reports New York Yankees C Jorge Posada (knee) did not start Saturday, June 19 after fouling a ball off his knee June 18.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby d18Mike » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:50 pm

I started a thread on this very subject last week ...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

In short, if doesn't catch Contreras and he sits day/night games as usual, he'll miss about 30 more games this year. Ouch.

This goes back a way, but the Yankees did something similar with their HOF catcher Bill Dickey. The guy only caught 130 games 3 times in his 17-year career. 110 was about the norm.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:19 pm

DK wrote:
Smizzy wrote:

Oh, well, your statement MUST be true, because it's a hypothetical situation that didn't happen.

Piazza couldn't hold Fisk's jockstrap? Well, there's a damning piece of evidence. You've completely converted me with the proof that you've shown.

It's understandable that as a mess fan you really don't have much to be proud of......

Piazza is a bum...and as far as catchers go,he shouldn't be considered top 100....hitting catcher ? whats that?

A know plenty of catchers who can hit,but they CAN ALSO CATCH!!!

Unlike you boy Mikey.
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:25 pm

One silly joke about Posada and a Yankee fan gets his panties in a bunch. Natural Yankee-fan defense against Mets envy: Bash Piazza, Call him gay, etc., etc. Yeah the routine is old.

Deny it all you want, Smizzy. Piazza is the greatest hitting catcher of all-time. Secondly, although his inability to throw runners out is well-documented don't make silly comments about the other aspects of his catching because you obviously don't know. Due to his weak arm every other aspect of his game is overshadowed. You only wish Piazza had worn pinstripes. Now go home and play with your Jeter action figure. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:38 pm

Smizzy wrote:Piazza is a bum...and as far as catchers go,he shouldn't be considered top 100....hitting catcher ? whats that?

A know plenty of catchers who can hit,but they CAN ALSO CATCH!!!
Unlike you boy Mikey.

I find him rather awkward. He has no problems catching though... he can't throw a lick. that's the real issue.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:21 pm

Amazinz wrote:One silly joke about Posada and a Yankee fan gets his panties in a bunch. Natural Yankee-fan defense against Mets envy: Bash Piazza, Call him gay, etc., etc. Yeah the routine is old.

Deny it all you want, Smizzy. Piazza is the greatest hitting catcher of all-time. Secondly, although his inability to throw runners out is well-documented don't make silly comments about the other aspects of his catching because you obviously don't know. Due to his weak arm every other aspect of his game is overshadowed. You only wish Piazza had worn pinstripes. Now go home and play with your Jeter action figure. :-D

you are the one in denial...Piazza has alot more problems behind the plate besides his weak rag -arm....

FACT is IF he was an AL player,we wouldn't even be talking about this.

You can keep you're smart ass comments for the kids back in your Jr.High....piazza is a horrible catcher...Mackey Sasser was better.

He sure can hit the ball.....but then again,so can EVERY other major league ball player....Get a clue...ypu mess fans put piazza up on a pedistil...because you have NOTHING ELSE!!!

NOTHING.

If piazza wore pinstripes he would be another decent ball player,no more ,no less.

Now go watch the mess game and pray Jose reyes doesn't get hurt...again.

You can saves that "BEST ever"shit for the little kids....us grown men don't but into that garbage.
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:11 pm

Smizzy wrote:You can keep you're smart ass comments for the kids back in your Jr.High

Although the kids in my Jr. High enjoy my smart-ass comments immensely, I prefer saving them for trolls. In a perfect world Piazza could throw runners out and Jeter could field. }:-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:25 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Smizzy wrote:You can keep you're smart ass comments for the kids back in your Jr.High

Although the kids in my Jr. High enjoy my smart-ass comments immensely, I prefer saving them for trolls. In a perfect world Piazza could throw runners out and Jeter could field. }:-)

Ummmm....Jeter can field ,slick.
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers