D***** Scotty, I need more power! (it's a family site!) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

D***** Scotty, I need more power! (it's a family site!)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

D***** Scotty, I need more power! (it's a family site!)

Postby nkeitt » Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:42 am

I have some decent power (Berkman and Giles) but I could use one more really good bat to help me get back into the race in my league. Right now I am targeting Shawn Green.

The guy who owns Green could use an upgrade at 3B and SS (he's got Ramirez and Uribe), I have Nevin, Hinske, Aurillia and Rollins. Which 2 for 1 do you think would be the best deal for me while still giving me a shot at getting Green?

THX, NK
nkeitt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:52 am

Really depends on the categories this other guy needs, Where he is in the standings, his replacement for Green etc ...

But in any event I think your chances of landing Green with those guys are slim unless this guy is desparate.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby nkeitt » Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:06 pm

the guy is in second and leads in most power categories (he has Bonds as well as Green), his infield, especially SS and 3B are his big weaknesses.
nkeitt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jorge » Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:57 pm

I dont think you can get Shawn Green for the corner infielders you listed. Maybe you can give Nevin and Rollins for Green but that's assuming that the other owner expects Nevin to live up to his 40 homer power in the second half. Your best bet is send Giles, Nevin, and Rollins for Green.
Jorge

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:19 pm

Hard to say. If the other team can replace Green with somebody reasonably good, an offer of Nevin plus his choice of shortstops might be enough.

Keep in mind though that if Nevin plays up to his potential, he'll make a very good source of power at 3b, and this trade might not gain you very much. Of course, a return at full strength is far from certain.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nkeitt » Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:17 pm

Thanks Arlo, I appreciate the advice. I have decided to post a message saying what I am willing to offer for quality power hitting (any two of Nevin, Alomar and Rollins plus either Wickman or Julio) and see if anyone bites. I figure a three for one with good players should allow me to demand a pretty highly ranked player, and with Nevin and Beckett soon to both be off the DL I need to clear some roster space anyway. If I get any nibbles I will be sure to ask the opinion of the Cafe!
nkeitt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Sun Jul 14, 2002 6:24 pm

Sounds like a plan! With that offer on the table, you should indeed be able to expect a true stud in return. ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nkeitt » Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:26 am

I have been offered Palmeiro and Jimenez for Nevin and Urbina. I already have Helton at first, but I could use Raffy at Utility (in place of Nevin at the moment). Urbina and Jimenez seem about even, so it makes me think I may be missing something about Jimenez.

This could definitely help me out, but it doesn't solve my problem of needing to make room for Beckett to come back (I already dropped Tomko outright to make room for Nevin and to make it possible for me to exchange Varitek for Santiago via FA). Plus, it leaves me without Nevin who is easily my most valuable player that I am willing to trade, which seriously drops the value of any infielder package I can offer for a major slugger.

Your thoughts?
nkeitt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:48 pm

Whew - complicated...

First off, I'd only accept Palmeiro and Jimenez for Nevin and Urbina if you're worried about Nevin having significant trouble coming back from his injury. I don't think you're missing anything about Jimenez, although he's had a rough two weeks, but I'd still much rather have Urbina.

Also, Nevin should have a higher trade value than Palmeiro, in part because his positions give you more flexibility. If you're shooting for a serious slugger. I'd decline this deal, and try shopping Nevin plus for a big bat. Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby nkeitt » Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:40 am

The Nevin/Urbina for Palmeiro/Jimenez deal was taken off the table, but now someone has offered me Glaus straight up for Hinske. It's an interesting proposal, and I think I'll start another thread on it to get other people's feedback.
nkeitt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers