Who Should I Pick??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who Should I Pick???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who Should I Pick???

Postby emkike » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:31 am

My team (10 team H2H league, with Holds and I need to have at least one LF, CF and RF)

C LoDuca
1B Thome
2B Castillo
3B Chavez
LF Alou
CF Lofton
RF Sheffield
OF Dye
UT Bagwell
Bench K Griffey Jr (I'm going to drop him)

SP Zito
SP Buehrle
SP Glavine
SP Pettite
SP Piniero
SP Radke
RP Looper
RP Acevedo
RP F Rodriguez
RP F Rodriguez (Krod)
DL M Rivera

Before Griffey's latest trip to DL (again!!!! :~( ), I was trying to make some moves to improve my team. Now I have to start planing my moves all over again and I need some help to get my team together.

Do you think that having Lofton as my starting CF is a good idea??. I know that I might need the speed but I felt better with him as a backup.

I also think that I need one extra middle RP (Holds), so I was thinking about packing Radke and Piniero for a better SP in order to free a spot and pick either Worrel (I also could use his cheap saves for a while) or Stanton. What do you think??. So far I was thinking to trade for Maddux, Mussina or K Brown

And last, the best FA pickups are

A Huff, E Martinez, R Mondesi, C Koskie, E Alfonzo, M Kotsay, J Payton, K Millar, J Valentin, C Crawford, H Blalock, D Bell, E Chavez.

R Hernandez (KC SP), C Lidle, T Wakefield, J Peavy, J Mays, J Burkett, C Fossum, T Lilly, V Padilla.

M MacDougal, S Williamson, L Carter, T Worrell, M Stanton, M Dejean, T Hoffman ( I'm thinking about picking him when Rivera come out of DL, if he's still avaliable), M Timilin, J Grimsley, S Saubereck, D Wheaters, B Villafuente.

So please give me your advice. ;-D
emkike
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:03 am

wow, your team is loaded, and aso is the wire.
Some easy things, I would do:
Ok, CF is tough...you could either pack Lofton with a SP for a better CF, or get Endy Chavez instead of Lofton. But this is also a bit risky, as Chavez is still young, and in his first season as a fulltime starter.

Concerning pitching: I would strongly advise taking Wakefield instead of Radke, and get Worell. Whoever you waive, do it. Worell gets you a lot of saves right now, and when Nen comes back, he will earn the Holds. So he is THE guy you can take, so dont waste any time!
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team