Rotoworld htes Armando - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rotoworld htes Armando

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thetongueofire » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:30 am

both Casey and Jimenez are also better "hitters" than Dunn right now imo.. lol.
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:31 am

thetongueofire wrote:both Casey and Jimenez are better "hitters" than Dunn right now imo.. lol.

Haha, I completely forgot about Casey, and yes he's without a doubt the best hitter on their team...even I'll admit he's a better hitter than Griffey...but Dunn is not even in the same realm as Griffey, Casey, or a healthy Kearns. Weird how fantasy "experts" are such morons.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby cafe_58 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:45 am

Jester wrote:Well put Cafe 58!!!

"...but half of fantasy is speculation and opinions can give a direction where to speculate. "

But don't forget that those are still opinions. Its that kind of talk that got every fantasy squd who herd, rushing to hold onto a guy like Matt Riley for so long...

lol.... yes, the infamous Matt Riley thread was quite a sight! I've been a long-time reader (since last year or longer), but have recently decided to register and actually post.

That's why I like the cafe so much. There are opinions flying around like crazy and not all of them are "correct", but it's a good way to gauge general consensus.

This site is the best fantasy site around for that reason. I haven't found another site that even comes close to cafe. It's the site I immediately go to for anything fantasy related! ;-D
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:32 am

cafe_58 wrote:
Jester wrote:Well put Cafe 58!!!

"...but half of fantasy is speculation and opinions can give a direction where to speculate. "

But don't forget that those are still opinions. Its that kind of talk that got every fantasy squd who herd, rushing to hold onto a guy like Matt Riley for so long...

lol.... yes, the infamous Matt Riley thread was quite a sight! I've been a long-time reader (since last year or longer), but have recently decided to register and actually post.

That's why I like the cafe so much. There are opinions flying around like crazy and not all of them are "correct", but it's a good way to gauge general consensus.

This site is the best fantasy site around for that reason. I haven't found another site that even comes close to cafe. It's the site I immediately go to for anything fantasy related! ;-D

welcome to the cafe
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby tmoney » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:16 am

I dont know if I would say they hate him, I think they are really pushing the idea to sell high on him now. He is on pace for about 60 saves, 5 blown saves, 49 hits, and only 14 ER on the season. While he may continue to play well the second half of the season, it is not likely that he will produce good enough numbers to reach the kinds of stats he is on pace for.
You could trade him for a stud player now that you never would have dreamed about getting in a trade for Benitez in the beginning of the year. But, if and when he starts to pitch at a lower level than he has so far this year, even if it is not much worse, then you can kiss that stud you dreamed about goodbye. You are stuck trading him for a second tier player when you could have had a stud. It really does make sense to trade him away now, and I think that is all they are trying to stress. However, they may be approaching the idea the wrong way and not giving him any props for the success he has had.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:18 am

Does everyone value Smoltz higher than Benitez, or Benitez higher than Smoltz? Trying to get an idea as to where he is being valued by unbiased owners.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby tmoney » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:19 am

slomo007 wrote:Does everyone value Smoltz higher than Benitez, or Benitez higher than Smoltz? Trying to get an idea as to where he is being valued by unbiased owners.

Smoltz is higher IMO.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Registered_Guest » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:36 am

Smoltz is still valued more by owners, but I expect Benitez to be more valuable this year.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:48 am

Registered_Guest wrote:Smoltz is still valued more by owners, but I expect Benitez to be more valuable this year.

That's what I'm currently thinking, but I'm not sure. The Marlins staff is a lot better than the Braves' staff, that could be the deciding factor.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Opinions

Postby Ry-Guy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:45 am

wannabthechamp wrote:Besides the Cafe, Rotoworld is the only place where you can find fantasy opinions. Anyone know of any other good sites?

http://www.hardcorefantasybaseball.com has news blurbs with opinions but it's not updated very often.
Check out www.hardcorefantasybaseball.com
Ry-Guy
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers