Take A Guess On The Fat Boy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eftda » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:21 am

bboy wrote:
wrveres wrote:ok fine then,

but let me ask you this?

Why are you so down on America?

what have they done to you?
Everywhere they have ever been they help people. We aid people and coutries that are currently in ROT

but seriously ... just because you read it in Time and see in on CNN doesn't make it true. I'm not sure the Vietamese or Iraqis would feel the same (ps. did you know in Vietnam they call the war the "American war")

We're famous :-D

jk...
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bboy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:24 am

Well I've done enough stirring now :-D

The Canadians next (French loving b'stards) :-P
bboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:25 am

bboy wrote:
wrveres wrote:ok fine then,

but let me ask you this?

Why are you so down on America?

what have they done to you?
Everywhere they have ever been they help people. We aid people and coutries that are currently in ROT

but seriously ... just because you read it in Time and see in on CNN doesn't make it true. I'm not sure the Vietamese or Iraqis would feel the same (ps. did you know in Vietnam they call the war the "American war")

yep, and since they didn't want us there we left. I sure its a wonderful place to live as it is now. No electricty, barely any running water. A population of starving people. My point was, when we walked out of Europe the first and second time, we left the people in charge, not some ruley dictator. We ensured the population was well taken care of. I quarantee you South Koreans are much better off today, than there brothers of the north. And I guarantee you Vietnam would have been too. As a matter of fact, pretty much everywhere an American Soldier has been, we left the place better off than before we got there. With one exception. Vietnam. And that was soley beacuse of politics.

and no, I don't get my news from Time and CNN. I am well versed in the subject. Actually I have had a relative in pretty much every major war. Imagine that. One of my flesh and blood, going across oceans to either help or protect your butt, a few of them sacraficing their lives, and your response is to ...

hope they rot?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby eftda » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:29 am

I hate CNN... The Cliton News Network :-P
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bboy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:58 am

wrveres wrote: One of my flesh and blood, going across oceans to either help or protect your butt, a few of them sacraficing their lives, and your response is to ...

hope they rot?

No not at all. I think you have been deceived that Americans have left places better than they found them. 58,000 Americans died in Vietnam. Between 1-2 million Vietnames died.

And do nbot presume to think that Americans have saved my butt. I have family membersd in WW1 and WW2 too. What you should realise is that most of world wishes Americans would just stay the hell out of things (like arming Iraq, Iran, Isreal and god know what other loopies to satisfy some bizarre need to control everything).

And by the way - my country helped yours in WW2, nobody attacked us or even fired a shot in anger on our shores.

:-°
bboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Arlo » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:42 am

bboy wrote:And by the way - my country helped yours in WW2, nobody attacked us or even fired a shot in anger on our shores.

All that, and the Pick3 lead, too! :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:15 am

bboy wrote:
wrveres wrote: One of my flesh and blood, going across oceans to either help or protect your butt, a few of them sacraficing their lives, and your response is to ...

hope they rot?

No not at all. I think you have been deceived that Americans have left places better than they found them. 58,000 Americans died in Vietnam. Between 1-2 million Vietnames died.

War is a terrible thing ...
and Freedom is never Free.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby Arlo » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:03 am

Incidentally, correct me if I'm wrong, bboy, but didn't New Zealand send troops to Vietnam as well?

Not that that can be compared with U.S. involvement or policy, of course, but it's worth mentioning in this context.

And wrveres, I think there are a few more exceptions...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wkelly91 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:14 am

bboy wrote:What you should realise is that most of world wishes Americans would just stay the hell out of things (like arming Iraq, Iran, Isreal and god know what other loopies to satisfy some bizarre need to control everything).

I wish too that we would leave all these countries to fend for themselves as well.

I also wish we could stop sending monetary aid to all these countries.

I also wish we would stop sending humanitarian aid to all these countries.

I also wish we could ignore pleas from these countries when rougue states take them over.

I also wish our economy which makes everyone country is this world a better place could use it's engine to help only our country.

The problem is bboy, we don't live in a vacuum. We help those who need helping. We are a generous country. We ignore those who criticize us and still try to help because our country values freedom and wants everyone to be free.

We will not collapse. The Soviet Union was held in place through tyranny, slavery, communism all failed institutions. We are a free people and because we are free we have the greatest economy in the world. Anyone can immigrate to this country and with no money and a dream can become fabulously wealthy, and in turn can help others through philanthropy.

America may currently be gravitationally challenged but we are a great people and will be around long after our grandkids are posting in here ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Arlo » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:18 am

wkelly91 wrote:America may currently be gravitationally challenged but we are a great people and will be around long after our grandkids are posting in here ;-D

Better not post anything you wouldn't want the grandkids to see! ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk