Pierzynski's 2nd half value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pierzynski's 2nd half value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pierzynski's 2nd half value

Postby FantasyNoob » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:06 pm

He was dropped a while back in our 13 team league and kind of forgotten about. When Martinez went down with that ankle injury I looked to see which catchers had been performing well the past month, rather than overall season statistics. I noticed that Pierzynski was among the top few and picked him up. Man, talk about a blessing in disguise! His performance the last week has bumped him up to the 3rd best catcher over the past month in our league, right behind our beloved VMart. The question is, can Pierzynski keep up this recent pace? Right now I'm using for spot duty at my utility position. Is he good enough that I should just keep him as a utility guy, or should I go ahead and shop him? I posted a message to our league asking for offers. I know it's pretty open ended, but name a few guys who are of slightly higher caliber that you think would make a good trade. I feel that if Pierzynski continues to put up nice numbers, his value is greater to others, so I should get a better player since he's helping them at a rather power poor position.
FantasyNoob
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chinch sacs » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:05 pm

Well if it matters to you, you might want to hold onto him. SF is going to have a stretch (July 15th - 29th) where they are going to be playing at: COL (4 gms), ARI (2), SD (2), STL (3)and back to Petco (4)

Those are some pretty hitter friendly parks, and not very good opposing pitchers...
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby KPucks » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:39 pm

chinch sacs wrote:Well if it matters to you, you might want to hold onto him. SF is going to have a stretch (July 15th - 29th) where they are going to be playing at: COL (4 gms), ARI (2), SD (2), STL (3)and back to Petco (4)

Those are some pretty hitter friendly parks, and not very good opposing pitchers...

Ummm... when did PETCO become hitter friendly?
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby FantasyNoob » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:02 am

Heh, agreed about Petco, but thanks for that info, it's nice to know there's a stretch like that with good potential, though it is still a month off.
FantasyNoob
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers