THE OFFICIAL HIDALGO TO THE METS THREAD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

THE OFFICIAL HIDALGO TO THE METS THREAD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

THE OFFICIAL HIDALGO TO THE METS THREAD

Postby ssjl » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:48 am

For David weathers-Hidalgo is a rental ro the rest of the year.
ssjl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 489
Joined: 31 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hidalgo traded to Mets

Postby slomo007 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:48 am

ssjl wrote:For David weathers-Hidalgo is a rental ro the rest of the year.


Is it official now? I heard it was just a rumor.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:49 am

http://sportsline.com/mlb/story/7428610

Nevermind, looks official. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:58 am

thanks a bunch for the heads up i hope it is true. Jason Lane would seem to be the beneficiary of this. What does anyone think of his value going forward? Seems to be fairly solid to good so i may watch him a few days and pick him up if available.

INKcogKNEEdough
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 468
Joined: 25 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:59 am

Fantastic. Now if we can just trade for Adrian Beltre my dream team of overpriced and underperforming "stars" will be complete.

Fantastic.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5000
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not here.

Postby slomo007 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:59 am

INKcogKNEEdough wrote:thanks a bunch for the heads up i hope it is true. Jason Lane would seem to be the beneficiary of this. What does anyone think of his value going forward? Seems to be fairly solid to good so i may watch him a few days and pick him up if available.

INKcogKNEEdough


Agreed, watch him for now but if he starts hitting well pick him up. He'll be hitting in a stacked lineup, so the upside is very good.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UTbdiddy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:04 pm

David Weathers? :-? They cant be serious. They could have gotten a little bit more than that eventhough Fatdalgo's stock is at an all-tim low. Granted they did pretty good of ridding the contract for only 4 mil. But come on.

These 'stros never cease to amaze me. They are going nowhere fast. :-t

At least Jason Lane gets more PT now. I have been screaming for this for awhile now. Once he gets adjusted to playing everyday (if Jimy lets him) he should start to produce.
UTbdiddy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 19
Joined: 20 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Houston, TX

Postby slomo007 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:08 pm

UTbdiddy wrote:David Weathers? :-? They cant be serious. They could have gotten a little bit more than that eventhough Fatdalgo's stock is at an all-tim low. Granted they did pretty good of ridding the contract for only 4 mil. But come on.

These 'stros never cease to amaze me. They are going nowhere fast. :-t

At least Jason Lane gets more PT now. I have been screaming for this for awhile now. Once he gets adjusted to playing everyday (if Jimy lets him) he should start to produce.


I'm sure they would have traded Hidalgo for a box of twinkies right now. The only reason for the trade was undoubtedly to rid the contract.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:12 pm

Good move by both teams... Astros get piching and mets get a future bum :-t
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UTbdiddy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:13 pm

I am sure it was to get rid of the contract also. But earlier in the season I heard the Dodgers wanted to give us Mota and someone else for him.

While he was hot, I read that Ichiro was a possibility. And the Astros have always been absolutely in love with Beltran since he has come up. Package a deal for him with Ensberg and a catcher. Lord knows Ensberg will never get full-time PT with Jimy in town and we have got to get Biggio out of CF. Its a circus event everytime he goes back to field off of the hill.
UTbdiddy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 19
Joined: 20 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Houston, TX

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 6:49 hours
(and 100 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact