Urbina for Mondesi - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Urbina for Mondesi

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Urbina for Mondesi

Postby Bliz34 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:38 pm

I just proposed a trade to give up Urbina for Mondesi

Right now I am #1 in saves by a long shot and I have Nunez and Billy Koch. I am also #1 by a long shot in SB and I am #1 in average by a 5 average points (just starting to downslope a little I was at .304 and now I'm at .298)

My current outfield is Ichiro, Chipper Jones, Adam Dunn and I rotate Tim Salmon and Jermaine Dye at the utility spot. I need power help but don'thave many options to pick up power.

What type of power player should I expect from Urbina? I ahd a crazy plan to possibly pick up Embree who the Sox just got to lower my ERA and WHIP because I'm second to last and 4th to last in those categories. Do you think Embree will get enough innings to make a difference? It looks as though the Sox could possibly be fazing Urbina out of the closing role. Is taht at all possible or am I crazy?

Because I have another team crying for a closer I would be willing to deal Koch, Nunez, or Urbina and the only guy I see him getting rid of may be Larry Walker.
Bliz34
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bliz34 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:45 pm

Oh yeah this is my team if you have any suggestions or see any possibilities

C Paul Lo Duca
C Scott Hatteberg

1b Carlos Delgado
2b Alfonso Soriano
ss Omar Vizquel
3b Fernando Tatis
Utili if Edgardo Alfonzo

Of Ichiro
Of Chipper Jones
Of Adam Dunn
Utility Jermaine Dye
Utility Tim Salmon

P Roy Oswalt
P Al Leiter
P Tim Hudson
P Tony Armas Jr
P Andy Ashby
P Ryan Dempster
P Brandon Duckworth
P Johan Santana

RP Vlad Nunez
RP Billy Koch
RP Urbina
Bliz34
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:30 pm

You might not be deep enough at closer to give up Urbina (who I don't think will lose his job, but you never know with closers), especially if Florida does go to a semi-committee situation.

Of course, if you could get Walker straight up, that would probably be worth it, but if you're aiming for someone like Mondesi, it might be safer to offer Urbina/Salmon for Mondesi/lesser closer.

Embree could well be a solid pickup for you. I think he'll get his share of innings - enough to have an impact on your overall stats.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tallmike » Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:21 am

if you're leading steals does Mondesi really give you a better option than either Dye or Salmon rotated in? Not convinced its that much of an upgrade even with Raul happier in NYC. Arlo makes a good point about putting them together to get a real upgrade at outfield. otherwise I'd stick with with your rotation. I like Dye to improve in the second half and Salmon may too. I expect them both to have a better average than Mondesi.
tallmike

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers