rhodes in the 7th? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

rhodes in the 7th?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:49 am

Man I wish I picked Arthur Rhodes for bust of the year in the predictions forum, despite everybody else thinking he'd be an awesome closer..............oh wait, I did :-b

Hate to say I told you so.....well not really.........but I think his time as an elite RP (all 2 seasons of it) are through. Next stop: Duchschbag. I have him in a few keepers, lets hope he closes this year and gets a rotation spot next year ;-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSes » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:54 am

LBJackal wrote:Man I wish I picked Arthur Rhodes for bust of the year in the predictions forum, despite everybody else thinking he'd be an awesome closer..............oh wait, I did :-b

Hate to say I told you so.....well not really.........but I think his time as an elite RP (all 2 seasons of it) are through. Next stop: Duchschbag. I have him in a few keepers, lets hope he closes this year and gets a rotation spot next year ;-D

okokokokok

All Praise LBKAckal, now that he reminds me I remember the long heated arguments we had and how I defended Rhodes. LB you were right, Rhodes is trash and he can not close games.

However LBJackal you may have won the Rhodes argument, but I will win the Zito is better then your Loaiza argument and that Zito is still an elite pitcher.

LBJackal is now going to reply with 200 words on why Zito is overrated and not that good.

But he is, and Zito has pitched much better then his numbers show, his K's are way up and by the end of the season Zito will once again have established himself as an elite starter and a fantasy ace. While Loaiza will prrove he is a fluke :-D :-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:11 am

GSes wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Man I wish I picked Arthur Rhodes for bust of the year in the predictions forum, despite everybody else thinking he'd be an awesome closer..............oh wait, I did :-b

okokokokok

All Praise LBKAckal, now that he reminds me I remember the long heated arguments we had and how I defended Rhodes. LB you were right, Rhodes is trash and he can not close games.

However LBJackal you may have won the Rhodes argument, but I will win the Zito is better then your Loaiza argument and that Zito is still an elite pitcher.

LBJackal is now going to reply with 200 words on why Zito is overrated and not that good.

But he is, and Zito has pitched much better then his numbers show, his K's are way up and by the end of the season Zito will once again have established himself as an elite starter and a fantasy ace. While Loaiza will prrove he is a fluke :-D :-D

So far Loaiza has been a lot better than Zito, so I'd say I have the edge there. And that was a huge longshot before the season; like picking Birdstone to win the Belmont. And Zito is doing pretty much what most people, including me, thought he would: allow too many hits, not win many games, and have bad ratios. At least he has decent K's. But Loaiza has him beat in everythign else :-D Lots of season yet to go though, and the first 3rd won't have much of a bearing at all since there isnt' a whole lot of difference between the two. Was that 200 words? :-D Cuz I can go on for a bit longer if I have to ;-D

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:14 am

wannabthechamp wrote:Would you drop Chad Cordero for Lehr?

Is Lehr even in Yahoo yet??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:21 am

Has he even been called up? He's been doing well in AAA, but I havn't heard much about him.

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby john gardner » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:47 am

Sporting News says the A's called up Justin Lehr from AAA Sacremento (their closer). Sounds like they may as well give him a chance. As I recall Beane thinks putting the pitcher in the closer roll makes him a closer and that its unpredictable.
john gardner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby john gardner » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:06 am

Sorry about the duplicate...I didn't notice the other pages until after I posted it. Should have known You guy's are faster than that. Especially you West Coasters who get 3 more hours than I do.
john gardner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GSes » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:19 pm

GSes wrote:
bboy wrote:Why would you not give Mecir a go. Heaven forbid tha A's have a closer that could actually get a Pujols or a Rolens out. That's what the whole freakin game is about. Pitchers get batters out (well the good pitchers anyway). Am I missing something?

ya you are missing something, I watch every single A's game everyday for the last 3 years. I can tell you, I would bet money maybe even my life 8-o Jim Mecir will never be a quality or even decent closer. I dont care that his stats show he has been good over the last month, his ERA is still over 5 8-o 8-o 8-o and not to mention that the runs he gave up over the last month were in the one save opp he had.

Here in the bay area Jim Mecir has a nickname

"FEAR MECIR"

Now that should mean opposing hitters should fear mecir, but we all know what it really means, it means A's fans and A's players should all FEAR MECIR b/c when he comes into the game no lead is safe.

I have said it before, I will say it again, Rocky Biddle & a Joe Borowski with shoulder damage are still better closers or RP then good old Jim Mecir.

Guy is complete trash, Ive seen him for years now, take my advice and steer clear

Hate to say I told you so................Not really, well in this case its my A's so yes I hate to say but I Told You so.

It dosent matter how good the numbers look over the last month, Jim Mecir is worse then Biddle and Borowski, Ive watched him for too long to not know that.

Mecir = trash
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Registered_Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:22 pm

No reason at all Bradford shouldn't of continued into the 9th.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:22 pm

Gses......help me man. my strength is failing. oakland needs a new manager as well as a closer.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers