All-2007 team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All-2007 team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Registered_Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:15 am

I like Crawford over Rocco as well. I think one or the other will be dealt within the next year or year-n-half (Crawford to the Phils for Gavin Floyd & possibly Byrd being the most prominent rumor).

The D'rays Must develop (unlikely) or obtain at least 2 arms to be competitive (meaning in the playoff/wildcard hunt) in the future.

The question of when I think depends on how Joey Gathright adjusts to the majors. If people think Crawford's fast, you've seen nothing if Gathright is able to get on base consistently.

The only way the franchise is going to survive in Tampa is if they become good....within the next 2-3 years. I really don't know how they've survived this long there personally.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:23 am

Registered_Guest wrote:I like Crawford over Rocco as well. I think one or the other will be dealt within the next year or year-n-half (Crawford to the Phils for Gavin Floyd & possibly Byrd being the most prominent rumor).

The D'rays Must develop (unlikely) or obtain at least 2 arms to be competitive (meaning in the playoff/wildcard hunt) in the future.

The question of when I think depends on how Joey Gathright adjusts to the majors. If people think Crawford's fast, you've seen nothing if Gathright is able to get on base consistently.

The only way the franchise is going to survive in Tampa is if they become good....within the next 2-3 years. I really don't know how they've survived this long there personally.

The franchise is only going to get better, they are having a lot of top talent come up now. Your starting to see it w/ Rocco and Crawford, more will come up in thenear future.

Also I don't think they will trade either for pitching. Niemann can make an impact soon and we also have another really good prospect in Seddon in double A. We have a few others in the bigs now that can turn into solid pitchers.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Pokey Reese MVP » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:28 am

Tampa's gonna be a scary team in a few more years. It's kinda upsetting that the AL East is so stacked. The Yankees and Red Sox will remain amoung the top-tier of teams due to thier spending habbits. Add to that upcoming Tampa, assuming they keep all thier talent, and its a shame that all three teams couldn't make the playoffs.

Plus there are no easy wins in that division, Baltimore and Toronto are both strong.
Sorry my program for making sigs is broken
Pokey Reese MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Graphics Expert

Postby warrick95 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:37 am

hybrid wrote:
Registered_Guest wrote:I like Crawford over Rocco as well. I think one or the other will be dealt within the next year or year-n-half (Crawford to the Phils for Gavin Floyd & possibly Byrd being the most prominent rumor).

The franchise is only going to get better, they are having a lot of top talent come up now. Your starting to see it w/ Rocco and Crawford, more will come up in thenear future.

Also I don't think they will trade either for pitching. Niemann can make an impact soon and we also have another really good prospect in Seddon in double A. We have a few others in the bigs now that can turn into solid pitchers.

Houser's deceptive down there.

Dewon Brazelton, remember, was the #2 overall pick in 2001. They (management) admits that they screwed around with his delivery and mechanics way too much. They've let him go back to what he did at MTU and he's bounced back pleasantly. He was the best pitcher at the AFL this year. He had a solid start last time out, albeit against Colorado.

Upton's the obvious stud. He's going to be a big time SS and we all know that for a fact. Delmon is going to be a scary power hiter.

Watch out for Joey Gathright. Speedy guy...dubbed the fastest player in the minors. Slowed down a bit at AA for some reason, but is tearing up AAA again. Supposedly "Crawford with plate discipline." Yeah...that'd be pretty damn good.

I heard that we may try to move Crawford when Gathright's ready. I think that'd be a mistake. I, too, believe CC has power potential that hasn't showed yet. He's been trying to get on base right now.

Jonny Gomes will be traded for some much needed pitching help.

However, our 2002 draft OF group of Dukes, Pridie, and Bankston has been unimpressive, though. Pridie isn't hitting for average, Dukes was kicked off the Single-A team (related to the misdemeanor charge?), and Bankston's had power, I believe, but that's it.

It's looking up in Tampa! Just imagine if we get Justin Upton in the draft, too.

I hope we don't trade what we have right now or get rid of it. OF may be stacked, but come on, let the guys stick together. They've come up together and should get a shot at showing what they can do.

Final Note: Josh Hamilton...imagine if HE gets his life straightened out.

C Hall
1B Young to 1st perhaps (bear with me)
2B ?
SS Upton
3B Huff
LF Crawford
CF Baldelli
RF Hamilton
DH Gathright

This team would hit...suspect D of course...but I just wanted to throw the hitting lineup out to y'all. Scary eh?
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:43 am

warrick95 wrote:Dewon Brazelton, remember, was the #2 overall pick in 2001.

Actually the #3 pick :-b

Though I agree with everything else you've said. I hope Hamilton just gets his life together, it's really said what he has been through.

BTW Warrick, you live around the TB area?
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Pedantic » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:47 am

Hmmm...BJ Upton less accurate than Derek Jeter on defense? :-o
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:49 am

I don't think one of the fastest players in baseball will DH.......he's supposed to ba a good OF I think and would probably unseat Hamilton or Young.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:52 am

The only way Gathright I think starts in the OF is if Crawford or Rocco are traded OR Rocco has the arm enough to play RF. Cause if he doesn't, then Delmon can't play 1st since we would need him to play RF. Even though Gathright is real fast, it isn't like Rocco or Crawford are slow, both are extremely fast in their own right. I can see them maybe altering in the future so Gathright won't always be the DH though.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:03 am

What about the other OF spot, even if TB keeps all 5 young stud OF's? Would it be Hamilton or Gathright? I'd think Gathright, but I'm not sure about Hamilton's defense. Just can't see a guy like Gathright DHing when horrible defenders like Huff, and an out-of-position Delmon Young are patrolling the field. Somebody will be traded....and we don't even know if Hamilton will ever survive the minors let alone make it to the majors. Too bad, cuz he could have been/still could be a star some day.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:21 am

LBJackal wrote:What about the other OF spot, even if TB keeps all 5 young stud OF's? Would it be Hamilton or Gathright? I'd think Gathright, but I'm not sure about Hamilton's defense. Just can't see a guy like Gathright DHing when horrible defenders like Huff, and an out-of-position Delmon Young are patrolling the field. Somebody will be traded....and we don't even know if Hamilton will ever survive the minors let alone make it to the majors. Too bad, cuz he could have been/still could be a star some day.

Personally I have given up on Hamilton, and I think most people have. Gathright has nothing to do w/ Huff playing since they are totally different positions. Also what are you talking about Delmon Young being out of position? He can play RF just fine, if switched to 1B it would take some time but he could make the switch.

If Rocco has the arm to play RF, then the OF would be Crawford LF, Gathright CF, and Rocco in RF. Then they could move Delmon Young to 1B.

I don't think any will be traded unless they get a great deal, and even then it doesn't seem likely.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers