Cubs Fans - NY and LA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Chicago Cubs

Cubs Fans - NY and LA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cubs Fans - NY and LA

Postby this_old_cub » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:53 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for places in New York and Los Angeles where Cubs fans gather, to watch games or just hang out. I know Cubs fans are a force in both those cities - when I walk down the street in New York I see more people wearing Cubs hats than Mets hats (although not, unfortunately, Yankees-related gear). This isn't the case so much in Los Angeles, but I know the fans are out there too. I'd like to watch Chicago games with similarly-minded folks, like you can do in any bar back in Chicago, at least on the North Side. My roommates are all White Sox fans (grrr...) so they're no help.

So can anyone help me out? Any thoughts on where the Cubbies of New York and the Cubbies of Los Angeles go to root for the blue and red? I really appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,
Len Aslanian
this_old_cub Beginner
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pbeall100281 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:17 am

Good luck, let us know! and extra good luck in LA, probably could help you out if it was Tempe or Phoenix AZ, but I"m sure you knew that!
pbeall100281 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nisly » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:02 pm

I live in LA and I might have a spot for you, although it isn't really a die hard Cubs bar. There's a bar in Santa Monica called the Bitter Redhead. It's actually a Chicago Bears bar. You can catch every single Bears game during the fall (and there's usually a good crowd too). The Redhead isn't much of a Cubs bar though. There may be one or 2 cub fans during watching every now and then. When the Cubs made the playoffs last year, it temporarily became a Cubs bar. Huge crowds for every game, it was a great atmosphere in which to watch playoff baseball. If they make the playoffs this year, it'll probably blow up again. The Cub fans in LA are a lot like the Dodger fans in LA....they only show up when they're winning. Oh, and most Cub games are in the early afternoon out here and the Redhead doesn't open until 5pm. I'm not great with directions, but here's their number 310-450-6776.

Hope this helps.

Go Cards.
Nisly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pbeall100281 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:46 pm

I don't know??? should we trust a stinken' Cards fan? :-D
pbeall100281 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nisly » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:24 pm

Hey, I went out of my way to help you watch your beloved cubbies. Oh, and when you refer to "a stinkin' Cards fan", the odor you detect is the sweet smell of a 10 game lead.

Seriously, I don't really want to face you guys in the playoffs, but I hope you guys make it in. I can't think of anything more tense or exciting then a Cubs-Cards matchup in the NLCS. That would make the last 2-game series look like an exhibition tee-ball game.
Nisly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pbeall100281 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:58 pm

I"d hate it. Just right now I have the feeling that the cubs couldn't beat Seattle in a series. Prior, Wood PLEASE stay healthy and we need another batter with a high OBP.
pbeall100281 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Chicago Cubs