For any guitar players out there: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

For any guitar players out there:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:57 pm

Lmao......good one Wkelly!

Maybe David Lee Roth can be included in there new group!

BTW------------Van Halens new song sucks HARD!They are done, they should give it up!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:18 pm

wkelly91 wrote:Maybe he, Clay Aiken and Vanilla Ice can become the new Creed :-b

LOL, that would be too much of a contrast in personalities for them to succeed I think.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby jbones733 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:18 pm

im up in the air on Creed, Songs like Torn kick ass & i like 1 last breath too, Weathered did rock, your right Slomo couple hard ass tunes on there.

ill check out this new stuff , thanx

Slomo u play ?????? in a band ????
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thetongueofire » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:38 pm

slomo, ure prolly right... i only know about Weathered form what i heard on TV or radio.. still i'll check out this new stuff. thanks for the heads up.
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:29 pm

jbones733 wrote:im up in the air on Creed, Songs like Torn kick ass & i like 1 last breath too, Weathered did rock, your right Slomo couple hard ass tunes on there.

ill check out this new stuff , thanx

Slomo u play ?????? in a band ????

I'm still learning...only been playing about a year. I'm about to turn 21, so this is hardly the prime-time in my life to start learning. I had never really been into music THAT much until I started digging Creed during high school, and eventually I said what the heck and bought a guitar.

I have no plans of ever being in a band, I'm just learning solely for my own enjoyment. I figure it's a lot more productive than wasting my day in front of my damn PS2 playing MVP...though I still do my fair share of that.... ;-)

If you have never tried learning a musical instrument, I recommend it...it's truly a humbling experience...haha. But it does make you appreciate music more...I have a much higher respect for a lot of types of music now than I ever did.

But yeah, regarding Alter Bridge...they are going to rock. The single is supposed to hit the radio tomorrow...so get ready to hear it, and the full album comes out in August. I'm sure they won't have the popularity of Creed right away (probably a good thing), but I have almost no doubt that they will get there. Hopefully there won't be any singles like "With Arms Wide Open" (beautiful song, but it brought WAY too many teeny-bopping 13 year olds to Creed's fan base...sucked to be at a concert and feel like you should be babysitting. It was worth it to see the looks on their faces when the heavier songs were played though.)

Apparently they are going to start touring in the Fall, at small venues like the House of Blues, Hard Rock Cafe, etc...the whole band is on this '70s rock flashback right now and they want nothing to do with the mainstream rock label. I think it's a cool thing, we'll see how it works for them. I'm sure eventually they'll have to tour in the larger arenas, but for now I'd love to see them up close.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:57 pm

Any band that breaksthrough to 13 year olds makes me sick! In most cases when they do I instantly cant stand them.

As far as learning to play a musical instrument. Yes it is very humbling but when you have a breakthru and learn something new there is no better feeling. It took me 2 years to learn all of Seek and Destroy by Metallica. It was the first song I ever learned and when I did I was so happy! I recommend anyone with kids to get your kid an instrument because I have found it to be very useful to there mental stimulation and overall education.

Music rules and your so right that when you start to learn to play it makes you see musicians in a whole new light. You realize just how dang hard it is! Especially live! I been in a band for 3 years and I mess up on stage all the time on easy stuff. When you see a guy like Steve Vai up there shredding its almost unreal. Its like magic or some kind of hand is quicker than the eye trick, but its not!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:59 pm

Creed is awful...their Riffs are lame and take no talent to play...but thats just my opinion from playing for 10 years
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:17 pm

I don't really like Creed for the same reason I didn't like Pearl Jam. I guess it's the kind of voice that both singers have, just doesn't appeal to me. I'm more into upbeat exciting music as opposed to depressed/boring-sounding rock music. And Linkin Park, oh God don't get me started on them. I can't stand them.

Gotta love that new Beastie Boys song though. ;-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:32 pm

Doesnt take talent to make a popular riff that becomes a hit! Many bands have made MILLIONS playing garbage. See Green Day, Blink 182!

I dont hate groups because they are bad musicians for instance the Sex Pistols and Ramones made great songs with minimal talent! And I love them. I just didnt like Creed because they seemed corny to me. When My own prison came out I kind of liked them. Then the trash they put out on radio after that turned me off.

You want great guitar playing check out most anything by Mark Knopfler!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:01 am

Creed kinda falls into the same category as P.O.D and Switchfoot. A little too Christian for me to enjoy.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk