Soriano way overrated? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano way overrated?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby quickfingerz » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:11 pm

I traded Schilling for Soriano!!! woohoo!
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:23 pm

I have a feeling that alot of these posters that are saying Soriano is overrated are Soriano owners that are expecting him to have 15HR and 20SB by now. I for one have been pleased with his production. People who thought Kent and Soriano should be compared need to look at the 3 year avgs. Kent only has a slight advantage in the RBI and BA departments. But Soriano was batting leadoff most of those 3 years. Now that he's moved down he's not seeing as many good pitches as he used to. And he's a notoriously free swinger as it is. But looking at how his BA has hovered near .300 so far this year it leads me to believe that as the season goes along the more other numbers are gonna climb in a big way. Why's everyone so down on a guy hitting near .300, 9HR,37RBi,5SB from a not so deep position? If people thought that Kent is that much better he'd be drafted in the 1st round instead of Soriano. Everyone knows what Soriano is capable of and thats why he's drafted in the 1st round. Soriano may not hit 40/40 this year as many would like.. but a 2B that hits 30/30, which is probably more likely to happen, shouldn't be getting these posts about how he's overrated every other day on here. He'll be fine and his final numbers will give you your answer as to why he's still worth a 1st round pick.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers