Yahoo cant cut list controversy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo cant cut list controversy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bkholla » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:23 pm

He should be able to drop him cause he is the first place team and its not like hes cheating so another player can pick him up. Some people don't care about past performance, if someone is playing bad they got to go, thats why I got rid of Colon, but I at least traded him
bkholla
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby riverrat » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:15 pm

Thanks to all. Just heard from our commish. He's read all your comments and the ruling stands: this change allowed during the season. No vote taken. So curious as to whats next!
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Yahoo cant cut list controversy

Postby ramble2 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:16 pm

riverrat wrote:The commish opted for the Yahoo cant cut list.(over my objections)
Now, the 1st place team wants to drop Posada(on list) and he let him!!!!
Your opinions. Should the rule be applied to all or should there be exceptions?
I say to all. We have a chance to pick-up some ground on him by not dropping Posada. He's should be stuck with the stiff.

Here's a solution - though you may not like it.

Do you have any scrubs on your team that you'd trade for Posada? If so, do it! The rules don't need to be changed, your buddy can drop whatever scrub you trade him, and you can stash Posada on your bench - until he starts hitting well. Then you've got Posada as your catcher! I'm telling you, it's worth it ...
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:19 pm

riverrat wrote:Thanks to all. Just heard from our commish. He's read all your comments and the ruling stands: this change allowed during the season. No vote taken. So curious as to whats next!

Rules should never be changed during the season. Bad move by your commish. :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:57 pm

eftda wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I personally hate the Can't Cut List. I don't like anyone telling me who I can't drop. What happens if Pujols tears up his knee in a non-keeper league and I wanna drop him?? I have to wait until Yahoo decides to update the list. If the CCL was chosen, then I think that it should be in effect all of the time. If any exceptions are made, it should be if someone wants to drop a player that is having season-ending surgery.

So Yahoo should allow you to drop players who are on the can't cut list if they are on the DL... great idea :-) ... send it in to Yahoo ;-D

Not even on the DL. If I am watching a Cards' game in August and I see Pujols' leg shatter, I should be able to go to my team immediately and drop him for someone else. That's my point.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:17 pm

I know most of you are baseball oriented, but this very situation that Lofunzo describes happened in fantasy football this year.

Michael Vick was on the can't cut list, and when he broke his fibula, he stayed there. He was there all season, even in week 13 when he still hadn't played a down!

One guy who had him in a league I did posted on the message board that he would trade Vick for ANYONE! just so he could free up that roster spot.

Though I agree that the rules should NOT be changed midseason, it's partially Yahoo's fault that they don't update the list more often. From what I saw in preseason, there were only about 35 or 40 players on the can't cut list, and Posada shouldn't be in the top 35 or 40 right now.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:42 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:I know most of you are baseball oriented, but this very situation that Lofunzo describes happened in fantasy football this year.

Michael Vick was on the can't cut list, and when he broke his fibula, he stayed there. He was there all season, even in week 13 when he still hadn't played a down!

One guy who had him in a league I did posted on the message board that he would trade Vick for ANYONE! just so he could free up that roster spot.

Though I agree that the rules should NOT be changed midseason, it's partially Yahoo's fault that they don't update the list more often. From what I saw in preseason, there were only about 35 or 40 players on the can't cut list, and Posada shouldn't be in the top 35 or 40 right now.

It is because of Yahoo football that I have the opinion of the CCL that I do. I have never used it in baseball. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Krassotti » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:45 am

Wow, must be quite the shortbus league.

The CCL is used so that new players dont drop a stud when they are slumping.

He is an idiot for dropping Posada for Barett and you are an idiot for wanting him to keep him to lower his stats (hah), especially if he is in 1st place anyway.
Krassotti
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers