Yahoo cant cut list controversy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo cant cut list controversy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo cant cut list controversy

Postby riverrat » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:05 pm

The commish opted for the Yahoo cant cut list.(over my objections)
Now, the 1st place team wants to drop Posada(on list) and he let him!!!!
Your opinions. Should the rule be applied to all or should there be exceptions?
I say to all. We have a chance to pick-up some ground on him by not dropping Posada. He's should be stuck with the stiff.
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:11 pm

How does the commissioner set up a can't cut list and then suddenly change the rules in mid-season?

Beyond that, why would anyone cut Posada? This must be about as shallow a league as one will find.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby riverrat » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:14 pm

Apparently Yahoo allows changes in mid-stream.

No, this is an 8-team league. Posada is Mr. 1-HR last month. Guess he's just tired of him. Tried to trade him around league with no takers.
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:22 pm

dump posada what a reatard who is he going to pick up??? Screw that protest that move
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bjm97 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:27 pm

My understanding of the rule was to prevent dumping by last place teams so their first place friends can scoop up the offerings. Regardless, if a player is on the can't drop list they shouldn't be able to be dropped period. One could argue if a guy like Arod sustained a year ending injury (see sexson or glaus) that the owner could have a better arguement. I say pick the player back up. On the flip side- what waiver wire priority do you have? :-B
bjm97
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thehat » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:31 pm

My curiosity is getting the best of me here. Who is this guy keeping at catcher instead of Posada? Maybe he scored with Victor Martinez and therefore Posada became expendable to some extent. All I know is that that Posada is a pretty valuable commodity at catcher, in spite of his recent swoon. Just a matter of time before he gets revved up in that ridiculous lineup.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Re: Yahoo cant cut list controversy

Postby tmoney » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:32 pm

riverrat wrote:He's should be stuck with the stiff.

8-o You arent serious are you? Stiff???? Posada is arguably one of the best hitting catchers in mlb. Who is the other catcher that he has? He obviously has not followed baseball over the past few years, because you just dont cut Posada unless he is hurt bad. I fail to see how he could have not worked out a trade with anyone. He had a tough May, big deal. It is called a slump and a proven hitter like himself will recover from it. If he had Arod or Sheffield (just using them as an example), did he want to cut them too when they were slumping????
Anyways, what does it even matter to you. It benefits you. I guess you are upset because you think Posada sucks and he should have to be stuck with him. This will benefit you in the long run, dont make a big deal out of it. He is being stupid.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby riverrat » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:40 pm

He pick-up M.Barrett. LoDuca, Mauer were also available.
Its only a 21 man roster, he had no other b-up catcher.
This guy is one shrewd dude in F.Baseball. Played with him for several years. Very good player.
He's using 5-SP's and 6-RP's(bastard) leaving 10 offense spots.
We use 2 UTIL's.

I still say any possible advantage should be used to win, which means keeping pressure on to not let him drop Posada. If Jorge turns it around then I can live with that. But right now with 1-HR and a .233 avg for the last month, I want him to eat him and drop points. Who knows if he's inj!!
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thehat » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:46 pm

Hell, if he wants to keep Barrett over Posada, I suppose you ought to let him.

But really, rules are rules and unless a player is injured he should be forced to keep him according to your league's rules.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby riverrat » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:47 pm

Back to the main point. Should it apply to all or make exceptions during the middle of the year? The decision was made in preseason. The rule doesnt make any distinction between a dumping manager and one with a superstar going bad.
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers