ok this is great!
I'll post the rules here, and if you still want to join, email me at mailto:theDoubleH@hotmail.com
we will talk to everyone and decide a time that will work for everyone. We don't mind waiting because if this is a keeper league (we hope it will go on for a very long time) then a couple weeks won't make much difference.
Yes, its free. That could change in the future, but not unless everybody agrees.
Well here we go:
A. The League will consist of ten teams.
B. The League will use Yahoo Rotisserie for scoring purposes.
C. No real money will change hands as a result of this league.
D. Once inducted into The League, you are in it for life unless you transfer ownership of your team to someone else.
II. Initial Auction
A. Every owner must be present at the initial auction.
B. Owners will take turns, in no particular order, being the auctioneer.
C. The auctioneer will call out a player’s name.
D. When a player’s name is called out, owners (including the auctioneer) may call out bids.
E. All bids must be in increments of $1. The minimum bid is $1.
F. When it appears there is no one left bidding, the auctioneer will call out “Going once”, “Going twice”, and “Sold to X for $Y” in succession.
G. The highest bid before the auctioneer says “Sold” gets the player for the price named.
H. The total salaries of any teams’ players will not exceed $300.
I. No owner may make a bid if doing so would make him unable to have twenty-five players and remain under the salary cap.
J. Any player who is currently on the roster of a professional baseball team is eligible to be auctioned.
K. If no one bids on a player, they are eliminated from the pool and may not be called out for the remainder of the auction.
III. During the Season
1. The goal of the game is to acquire the most fantasy points over the course of the season.
2. Fantasy points are awarded in each of the following categories: Stolen Bases, Runs Scored, Runs Batted In, Home Runs, and Batting Average for batters, and Wins, Saves, Strikeouts, Earned Run Average, and Walks and Hits per Innings Pitched (WHIP) for pitchers.
3. Fantasy points shall be awarded according to Yahoo Rotisserie.
4. Each day, the following positions may be used to acquire stats: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OFx3, Utilx3, SPx2, RPx2, Px7.
5. A team may have up to five players on the DL which do not count towards the roster limits.
1. Trades may be made at any time.
2. Players, money, or future minor league draft picks (more later) may be traded.
3. No trade may cause a team to have less than twenty-five or more than thirty players.
4. No trade may be made which would case a team’s payroll to exceed $300.
5. The commissioner may veto any trade.
6. Any trade which the commissioner is part of will be vetoed if half of the non-involved owners agree to veto the trade.
7. A team trading current stars for future stars is encouraged not to trade all of the current stars to the same team, in an effort to keep the league balanced.
8. If either of the involved teams requests for the trade to be vetoed while it is still pending, the commissioner is obligated to veto it.
C. Free Agency, Waivers, etc.
1. Any team which releases a player is responsible for paying their full salary.
2. Any player on the free agent market may be added for a $1 salary as long as the team has the available money and roster spot.
3. If more than one team makes a claim at a player within 24 hours from when that player was released, the team who is lowest in the standings gets the player for $2 instead of $1. If they cannot afford $2, the next lowest team which can afford $2 gets the player for $2. If no team making a claim can afford $2, the lowest team gets the player for $1.
IV. Between seasons
A. Keeper lists
1. Each team may keep up to 7 players of their choice from one season to the next.
2. No team may keep more than 4 hitters or 4 pitchers.
3. No player may be kept more than three consecutive off seasons.
4. Players kept will have the previous years’ salary, raised 20% (rounded up).
5. No team may keep players with salaries which make the team unable to have twenty players and remain under the salary cap at the next auction.
6. Keeper lists are due every March 1.
1. An auction will be held every offseason.
2. The auction will be held in exactly the same fashion as the initial auction except that players on keeper lists are ineligible to be auctioned.
C. Minor league draft
1. Immediately following each offseason auction, a minor league draft will be held.
2. The draft will last 2 rounds.
3. The teams will pick in order of the previous year’s standings for both rounds.
4. Any player is eligible who has not played in any games in the majors.
5. Teams may pass in the MLD.
6. Players selected in the MLD have a salary of $0. They acquire no stats for their team and they do not count towards the roster limits.
7. Players selected in the MLD are automatically kept from one season to the next until they become major league players.
8. Once a player selected in the MLD plays in a major league game, his team may buy out his contract for $1, at which point they are counted as a major league player.
9. If his team has not bought out his contract by the next offseason auction, he is eligible for the auction.
A. Any owner may propose changes to this constitution at any time.
B. Amendments must be approved by 7 of the 10 owners.
C. The commissioner may veto an amendment unless the remaining 9 owners unanimously approve.